PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Know

Di Sandland
10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Lisa Cain?

She is running a beginners silversmithing course at the mcsj next month and I'm seriously considering it

MuranoSilver
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Lovely fabulous woman and a superb teacher.
Explains things clearly and demos everything in an easy to understand way.
Saw her demo soldering and earwire making at the PMC conference.
Go for it :Y:

Nic x

Di Sandland
10-09-2009, 03:04 PM
cheers Nic. I probably will. She looks like 'my kind of woman' but one can never tell!

MuranoSilver
10-09-2009, 03:39 PM
She is absolutely your kinda woman! You should see the huge bronze ceremonial sword she's making and her partner Robert is the Author of the latest fabulous book on my bookshelf
Amulets and Talismans (which I shall do a review of on PMC Tips soon)

Lisas work can be seen over at the masters registry (http://www.mastersregistry.com/masters/register) (it's awesome)
nic x

Di Sandland
10-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Oh. My. Word

mizgeorge
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I know several people who've done the beginner's course at Mid-C, and all have nothing but good to say about it. I wish it wasn't so far from me :)

caroleallen
10-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Lisa is very good and I can thoroughly recommend her. There's one tutor, however, I really couldn't recommend. I'm not the only one who's had bad experiences with her. If anyone wants to know who, pm me.

Ominicci
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Have just looked at their web site and would be interested in doing the Fold-Forming with Robert Dancik, but none of the links take you to the dates for it even though it says it's NEW grrrr. Perhaps it's next year and will be up soon. I'm going to e-mail them though. :agree:

Di Sandland
11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
yeah - that looks really good, doesn't it. I might even learn to make knives just so I can say I've trained with my hero Tim McReight!

EmmaRose
11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Lisa is great, mine of info. My only grip with MCSJ is sooo expensive, otherwise would go like a shot!
Em

Di Sandland
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
yes, tis pricey but its closest place to me. Ah, what a shame ;)

caroleallen
11-09-2009, 06:14 PM
A friend of mine did the Robert Dancik fold forming and said it was great. Lisa and Robert are, apparently a couple now.

EmmaRose
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
they have been for awhile
at least since the last ACS conference
E

Di Sandland
11-09-2009, 07:10 PM
What a formidable pair they must be!

Di Sandland
11-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Actually, I have decided to wait until early next year and start doing some courses then. The cash I have available at the moment I'm going to invest in decent tools and stuff (see, George, I do think about things ;))

I've been lucky in that all of my writing clients have come home (aah!) so next year I'll be in a much better financial position and able to do a few courses.

bustagasket
11-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Actually, I have decided to wait until early next year and start doing some courses then. The cash I have available at the moment I'm going to invest in decent tools and stuff (see, George, I do think about things ;))

I've been lucky in that all of my writing clients have come home (aah!) so next year I'll be in a much better financial position and able to do a few courses.

Excellent Di! forward planning :D

Di Sandland
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Excellent Di! forward planning :D

Yeah - its only taken me over half a century to catch on #-o