PDA

View Full Version : Faulty goods

theresa
25-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I bought some new style all in one earrings from Cookies NVK 017, and added pearls to them. When my customer opened the box one of the ear posts had snapped in two. I have never experienced this before. I sent a photo to Cookies and they are replacing them as I would expect. But... I am out of pocket £9.50 on postage and they say they are 'not liable for personal loss' which is fine, but I would have thought a goodwill gesture was in order.
What's your opinion?
They have just offered me 10% off my next order......

Aurarius
25-07-2016, 07:02 PM
If the 10% off your next order can be used in conjunction with the GOJD discount or one of Cookson's own temporary promotions, I'd accept the offer and make sure my next order was substantial. If the 10% can't be used in conjunction with existing discounts I'd not be impressed.

CJ57
25-07-2016, 07:50 PM
It seems to be their policy to offer 10% discount no matter if their mess up is a large one or just faulty goods. That's ok if you are making constantly large orders but if you've placed a huge order and then it's given then it's not always great

pearlescence
26-07-2016, 06:01 AM
They are liable in law for all costs associated with faulty goods which they sold you. That includes shipping.

theresa
26-07-2016, 07:23 AM
I thought that you couldn't use the GoJD discount if you already have a discount structure in place with Cookies.

pearlescence
26-07-2016, 09:26 AM
And it isn't a personal loss, it is a consequential loss. For which they are liable in law (both common contract law for breach of the implied term to sell you items fit for purpose and under consumer law, even business to business, for supplying something not of a reasonable standard.)
A loss incurred by you in direct consequence of their failure to supply a proper finding. They won't lose, they'll claim against the manufacturer of the findings and probably add in that shipping too.
If they don't reimburse send them a letter before action then sue in small claims for the £9.50 (which I assume is some shipping charge?) That should get the attention of someone who doesn't want simply to fob you off