PDA

View Full Version : The Suite.

Dennis
04-07-2016, 10:27 AM
When I started this, I thought a suite was just a settee and two armchairs. Now whenever I make just one thing: a ring, a necklace or some earrings, I know that sooner or later the others must follow.

I made the daisy necklace with the red crystal centres earlier, but seeing it worn for a while with unsuitable accompaniments, I gave in and made the ear studs and a ring, using the same crystals and jump rings to create a family: the suite.

The ring shank is adjustable; handy when you are a little uncertain what the up to date measurement will be, or in this case for someone whose size changes from time to time.

To enlarge it, simply push it up a ring stick. To reduce it pinch the loops slightly with pliers. Dennis.

Faith
04-07-2016, 09:22 PM
They're lovely Dennis, out of interest are the little crystals bezel set or tube set?

Faith

Dennis
04-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Thank you Faith. Yes they are 3.0mm stones, set in 3.7mm tubing. The metal is quite hard, but having made my own drawbench, I am able to draw down standard tubing to suit. Otherwise it would be more of a struggle. Dennis.

Faith
04-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Well having never attempted to draw down anything that still sounds like a good healthy amount of struggle to me!

Definitely worth it though, super pretty :)
Faith

ShinyLauren
05-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Very pretty Dennis. I like how the earrings and ring compliment the necklace, rather than being identical in shape.

Nick martin
25-07-2016, 11:55 AM
They're nice elegant pieces as always Dennis, look great and as always I like the design of them all.

Nick

Dennis
25-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Thank you Nick. I see you're back from holiday. Dennis.