PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa - Sign Up Thread

MuranoSilver
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi All
I know it may be a bit early for posting this but seeing as Jason already kicked us off....September it is! :Y:
Cooksons is happy for us to do the Secret Santa providing:
1) That this is a Forum to Forum member exchange
2) They're not liable should someone not deliver the goodies!
I was once let down on another forums exchange which made me quite sad, but it's a risk you take when folks work on trust. Hopefully with everyone we have here that won't happen :)

There will be a limit of £10.00 materials and item/items must include a hand crafted item, and perhaps a card. If you already have the materials that's fine, you don't have to buy new ones. Only sign up if you intend to deliver the goods...This way people won't get disappointed. Also, keep in mind that this is a handmade exchange so no sets of bath bombs!

Partners Assigned by Oct 7th
Ship by December 1st

The only other rule is to please make sure you get a tracking number to locate the package once it is shipped. e.g. Recorded delivery.
Please PM me your address as I will be forwarding it to your partner once they're assigned.

If possible and to help your partner plese give a few clues, keep it short and sweet. e.g. Here's mine
1) Things I'd love to have, Tree Decoration, Dangly Earrings, Keyring, or any decoration type things, I'm religious so love crosses, stars and the whole religious side of Christmas. Love icons and tribal styles, adore texture.
2) Cant wear copper or base metals against my skin & don't wear warm tones like browns.

Nic x

MuranoSilver
09-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Name of Participant..........Page they're on.......Address Received......Gift Received
1) Jason John.......................(pg 2)......................Yes.................Yes
2) GETi Titanium....................(pg 1)......................Yes................Yes
3) Agent 44 .........................(pg 1)......................Yes................Yes
4) EmmaRose........................(pg 1)......................Yes................Yes
5) Ominicci...........................(pg 1)......................Yes................Yes
6) Shelti..............................(pg 1)......................Yes................
7) Kalorlo.............................(pg 2)......................Yes................Yes
8) Caroleallen.......................(pg 2)......................Yes................Yes
9) AlexandraBuckle................(pg 2)......................Yes.................Yes
10) mizGeorge......................(pg 2)......................Yes.................Yes
11) Murano Silver.................(pg 1)......................Yes...................Yes
12) AmazingBabe.................(pg 2)......................Yes...................Yes
13) LindyLoo.......................(pg 2)......................Yes...................Yes
14) MoonCottage.................(pg 2)......................Yes...................Yes
15) Trudy...........................(pg 2)......................Yes...................Yes
16) TheOldBat.....................(pg 3)......................Yes...................Yes
17) Emerald........................(pg 3)......................Yes...................Yes
18) Kymbi...........................(pg 3)......................Yes...................Yes
19) Snow Imp.....................(pg 3)......................Yes...................Yes
20) LorraineFlee..................(pg 3)......................Yes...................Yes
21) Solunar Silver Studio......(pg 4)......................Yes...................Yes
22) Fiona...........................(pg 4)......................Yes...................Yes

Nic x
P.S. Page numbers only work if you have the default show 10 posts per page (thanks George!)

geti-titanium
09-09-2009, 11:52 AM
GETi Titanium

I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
I'm not into yoga, and I have half-a-brain.
I like making love at midnight (but only once these days!), in the dunes of the cape.

I also like: Taz, Pinky and The Brain, Ren & Stimpey

I never wear jewellery except for a watch when I go out - I've got keys - haven't got a Christmas tree - love Kung Fu - always need black socks -

love popping bubble wrap

I'm going to be a nightmare aren't I ?

agent_44
09-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Add me please Nic. I'll PM you with my details.

EmmaRose
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm in!
Bath bombs, what if you make them?? ;)

Likes/ info.
Pierced ears. Prefer delicate to big and chunky. LOVE colour (especially purple, blue and green. Not too keen on pink!!) and organic. Happy with anything really:)
Em
Nic is recorded delivery the £4.95 one?? thats ouchy for something worth under £10??? Or do you mean signed for??? :confused:
Em

agent_44
09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Recorded is signed for, not that expensive. I think you are referring to Special Delivery.

EmmaRose
09-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Phew :)
I got confused when they changed all the names for the services and can never get it straight now (must be getting old :D)
Em

MuranoSilver
09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm in!
Bath bombs, what if you make them?? ;)

Likes/ info.
Pierced ears. Prefer delicate to big and chunky. LOVE colour (especially purple, blue and green. Not too keen on pink!!) and organic. Happy with anything really:)
Em
Nic is recorded delivery the £4.95 one?? thats ouchy for something worth under £10??? Or do you mean signed for??? :confused:
Em

Recorded Signed For, it costs 75p plus your First or Second Class postage cost.
It's a cheap way of showing proof of sending and proof of delivery ;)
nic x

Ominicci
09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm in please.

Pierced ears.
No real dislikes.
Haven't got much in the way of deep blue accessories I noticed the other day when trying to accessorise an outfit....;)

Sheltie
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Count me in also

I'm male and easy to please. I like ethnic/ Native american stuff. No real strong dislikes

Kalorlo
09-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm in.

Pierced ears.
I would like something that could be worn/used/displayed all year round :D

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Me too please.

No jewellery please as only wear own.
Like anything to do with Christmas
Hobbies - face painting, dieting!
Would love keyring

AlexandraBuckle
09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm in too. I love anything sparkly.
I'd like something Christmassy like a tree decoration.
No earrings - I don't have pierced ears.
Fav colours are blues and purples and reds.

Is it too early to be getting excited...?

mizgeorge
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Me please!

No jewellery please
Love hot temperatures and cool colours. And crayfish. I don't do twee, but I like kitsch :)

Emerald
09-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Oi, George why don't you get the ball rolling and start a design challenge thread and pick us all a nice subject...no crayfish though.[-o<

oh and there was me just starting on the new designs specially for George

amazingbabe
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Count me in, this is so exciting, i have never done this xxx
Pierced ears, like most things really, would like something for me not the xmas tree, i can;t waiiiiitttttt !!!!!
(i;m the irish one).....

Lindyloo
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I am signing up rather sheepishly. It's getting scary, but exciting at the same time. Would like an excuse to get me making something. Please pick someone easy going for me.

I'll have anything. I like dark colours, favourites red and green. (have pierced ears)

ARGGHHHH!

Di Sandland
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Count me in, please Nic.

I have pierced ears. I'm not a delicate sort (sadly) and I love colour.

Trudy
10-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I would like to be included too please!

I love silver and strong colours, especially blues, would love jewellery (any kind) or keyring ...would pretty much be very happy to receive anything made by anyone on here :Y:

The Old Bat
10-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Please count me in ..

I'm quite easy to please and so would be happy with anything. I have pierced ears and like dangly earrings, but can't wear base metals/copper (sorry), would also like a charm, key ring ... anything really. Love colours but the only colour combo I would run away from is red and black.

Great challange - really looking forward it :Y:

Bev

Emerald
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi count me i aswell please

I have pierced ears but havent worn any for years so that would be great although cant wear base metals in my ears can anywhere else lol, but anything from anyone would be lovely thanks x

Sunnybank
10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Me too please.

I quite like the idea of a tree decoration, but anything would be lovely.

kymbi
10-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd like to join in as well please Nic.

I would be happy with anything, even spangly socks. I have pierced ears and love dangly earrings. I don't do cutsey, pink or yellow; I love quirky/organic and the idea of a handmade keyring makes me smile.

MuranoSilver
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Whooo looks like a fab exchange so far , loads of sign ups :D

MuranoSilver
24-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Only a few more days to sign up folks :)
any more for the Christmas exchange?

nic x

snow_imp
24-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I'll sign up for this fun activity. Just hope my skills are up to the challenge - only one way to find out I guess.

I've got pieced ears although a short neck so shorter earings are better. I like window decorations as well as tree decorations, but wouldn't say no to a key ring.

Fav colours are blue and green and I really love silver but can wear any metal (as far as I know).

Something copper might make a nice change if its available. :)

EmmaRose
24-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I actually dreamt about this night.....how weird is that? I got someone called Lorraine who liked Winnie the Pooh...(it WAS a dream) LOL :D
E

lorraineflee
25-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I actually dreamt about this night.....how weird is that? I got someone called Lorraine who liked Winnie the Pooh...(it WAS a dream) LOL :D
E

I guess I ought to sign up then didn't I - actually prefer Tigger to Winnie the Pooh! Have pierced ears, prefer silver to gold, love Art Deco and always love any presents that I get!

Lorraine

MuranoSilver
25-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Oooh a Whoooo whoooo moment!!!
Thanks Psychic Emma for our newest member of the Secret Santa :-D
Nic x

lorraineflee
25-09-2009, 11:10 AM
The list seems to have developed a stutter, three of us on 18!
Oops!
Lorraine

MuranoSilver
25-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Oops (all sorted now) :)

Solunar Silver Studio
29-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Right I'm in...now. I didn't want to overcommit - but now I've knocked a good few things of my 'must do' list I can think of adding more!! I'm still inside the deadline aren't I??

I would love something to last all year round....preferably jewellery....
Love 'peacock' colours, organic shapes (think Art Nouveau and you've got me!!) Have pierced ears but would need silver or gold(!!:-D) earwires so my earlobes don't explode!!

To be honest - I would just love to receive anything sent with a warm smile and a big hug!! :) []

Fiona
29-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Can you include me as well please?

I've got pierced ears - both of them :dance:
I like the 'unusual'
I don't wear pink - it clashes with my eyes !! But I do love magenta - but not baby blue... strong colours not pastels
I like 'organic' colours...
Anything at all would be lovely - except bath related.. I make soap, lotions, creams, bath bombs, body sprays ... and yes, I do sell them - been making soapy stuff for about 10 years now .

MuranoSilver
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
All abord the Santa train :)
Can anyone who hasn't sent me your address please send it me
(so your partner can send you your present! ;))

Names in hat on the 7th so look out for a mail in your in-box!
nic xx

mizgeorge
06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
How exciting Nic, we all get assigned 2morrow. :D

is that anything like being committed?

MuranoSilver
06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Yep tomorrows me workshop/home day so I'll be getting the hat out and pulling
out bits of paper :)

bustagasket
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Good Luck everyone, cant wait to see them all :D

MuranoSilver
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Everyone should now have their secret santas
(phew that was a lot of PM's lol)

Ooooh it's so exciting!!!
Nic xx

Emerald
07-10-2009, 07:43 PM
oooh wow thanks for doing that Nic xx

Di Sandland
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Cheers Nic - pretty extensive job, eh?

MuranoSilver
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
There was a tad of cut'n'pasting :-D
Nic x

bustagasket
07-10-2009, 07:58 PM
and now you got all the replies to deal with lol

Sheltie
07-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh no I didn't reply......honest

Thanks again Nic0:-)

Fiona
07-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I've got mine... oh sheeeet !!! :D:D:D

lorraineflee
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Got mine too!! Now, what to make?????
Lorraine

The Old Bat
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi
I've got mine too - only checked this morning, as no computer at home yet. Do you think Santa (proper Santa, not Secret Santa) will bring one if I ask nicely? ;)

Just need to figure out what to make now!

Bev

snow_imp
08-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Design time now - my mind keeps offering suggestions and I'm trying to draw them out in a "useful" way. Need to see which are doable too :)

Learning time it is!

EmmaRose
08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
ooohhh exciting....now to put the thinking cap on :)

amazingbabe
08-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Cheers for all your work Nic xoxox Hi ho hi ho its off to work i go :D:D

caroleallen
08-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Well I've done mine. It aint perfect but I think it's the thought that counts and hopefully the recipient will agree. If I get time though (unlikely) I may have another go.

Kalorlo
08-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Carole: Wow, there's organisation! I'm... practising. Because doing something mostly new was obviously the best idea!

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
How about the list of people that signed up for secret santa, write up a little again about their likes and dislikes, their personalities etc Nic Nic help ha ha...... Would hate to give somebody something that they did'nt want :'(:'(#-o

Ominicci
09-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Gayle - start at the beginning of this thread and read again -- it's all there already!!

amazingbabe
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
:DDo i have to :">

Solunar Silver Studio
20-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Well - I've just finished my Secret Santa :) !! Ye Gods have I struggled with THAT!! My recommendation is NOT to try something you have never tried before...although I am so pleased with the way it has turned out... My partner will have to make do with the prototype piece though as I'm not going through all that again!!!

The brain is in gear now though... Christmas mode has clicked in....and there is still a month to create something(s) for the challenge!...

By the way - I have just re-read the 'rules' and it suggests that the same piece could be used for the Christmas Challenge and the Secret Santa....How do you keep the secret if you plaster it all over the challenge thread???:confused:

AlexandraBuckle
21-10-2009, 08:06 AM
By the way - I have just re-read the 'rules' and it suggests that the same piece could be used for the Christmas Challenge and the Secret Santa....How do you keep the secret if you plaster it all over the challenge thread???:confused:

That thought crossed my mind too...

MuranoSilver
21-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Well your partner doesn't know who you are so even if they see it
they won't know it's going to be thiers ;)
nic x

Solunar Silver Studio
21-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Well your partner doesn't know who you are so even if they see it
they won't know it's going to be thiers ;)
nic x

No - but when you send their Secret Santa gift to them they know what has been made for them and will be able to cross reference with the cookies comp entries and then they will be able to work it out who made it if the photo of it has been posted on the thread! ....or am I missing something glaringly obvious here??

MuranoSilver
21-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes but if they wanted to know what it was (that much) then they could just open it early, besides they'd know you made it but not whether that was their present or whether you'd made them something different.....

Solunar Silver Studio
21-10-2009, 12:24 PM
AAHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Brain overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too....many.....unknowns.....!!!!!! Can.....not.....compute.......!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Metling.........!!!! Melting!!!!!!!

Sigh! Whimper!!

OK Nic....I'll trust you on that one.....can't pretend I understand it though.....

Bear of very little brain at this end of the wire!!

Be gentle with me!!:D

Solunar Silver Studio
21-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Ha ha ha!! Just noticed we are doing a bit of a Vicky Pollard between us....Yes but....No but.....:-D

Trudy
22-10-2009, 08:56 AM
AAHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! Brain overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too....many.....unknowns.....!!!!!! Can.....not.....compute.......!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! Metling.........!!!! Melting!!!!!!!

Sigh! Whimper!!

OK Nic....I'll trust you on that one.....can't pretend I understand it though.....

Bear of very little brain at this end of the wire!!

Be gentle with me!!:D

I understand what you mean Barbara...I thought that it was going to be a secret, the person who had made your gift, and if we see the item on this thread after we have opened the present it will no longer be a secret as we will know who it is from :) Never mind though, Im expect we will be able to guess from the style in a lot of cases...I guess we will have to wait and see :) :)

MuranoSilver
22-10-2009, 09:02 AM
It'll only be a secret until they recieve the parcel, it needs to be sent recorded delivery which means the senders details will bein the back...
Nic x

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Ah, Trudy...good! I thought I was going mad in total isolation! Now there are 2 of us!!:D:-O

I am now assuming that the idea is that the Santa is 'secret' until the gift is opened...so presumably we claim responsibility with a card in with the gift?? :dontknow: I don't know - I am still terribly confused - but that is not an unfamiliar state for me!!!:D

Solunar Silver Studio
22-10-2009, 09:12 AM
O. Thanks Nic....that makes it a whole lot clearer!!:Y:

Trudy
22-10-2009, 09:43 AM
It'll only be a secret until they recieve the parcel, it needs to be sent recorded delivery which means the senders details will bein the back...
Nic x

Ahh yes of course! I completely forgot about that #-o :Y:

kymbi
22-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I thought it was going to be really secret, so I planned to add a friend's address, or Nic's, as the sender for the parcel.

MuranoSilver
22-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Lol - I suppose you could do that too,
but it's nice to know who to thank ;)
Nic x

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Lol - I suppose you could do that too,
but it's nice to know who to thank ;)
Nic x

Have been missing a lot of threads lately, doing a bit of catching up this mornig,, but i have to give this one tops marks that was so funny with you Nic trying to explain secret santa and in the middle of it all i got confused myself ha ha ha.... Quick question Nic or anyone that knows, what is the posting date for secret santa ??:xmas-):

Trudy
17-11-2009, 11:58 AM
It says Dec 1st on first page :) :xmaslaugh:

amazingbabe
17-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks Trudy,,, Does that mean it has to be posted on or before Dec 1st ??:confused:

Lindyloo
17-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm going with on the 1st (don't think I'll be ready before that).

Solunar Silver Studio
17-11-2009, 12:13 PM
It says ship by 1st Dec...so I guess that means in the post by midnight November 30th!! http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/10695-post1.html

AlexandraBuckle
25-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I thought I'd better check the dates for secret santa as I was so disorganised with the christmas competition!

Needs posting by Monday! Don't let me forget!!

Ominicci
25-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Post it on Monday Alexandra!!!!

AlexandraBuckle
26-11-2009, 09:20 AM
That's much too early! I need reminding closer to the time!
But thanks anyway :snowman:

MuranoSilver
26-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Yep then the sport of Postman Stalking starts on Tuesday, lol
nicx

Trudy
26-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Are we saving the packages to open on Christmas Day?
:snowball: :snowman:

Di Sandland
26-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Are we saving the packages to open on Christmas Day?
:snowball: :snowman:

Um - excuse me?! =:-O

Trudy
26-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Um - excuse me?! =:-O

I guess that would be a no then :xmas-)::xmaslaugh:

Emerald
26-11-2009, 10:36 PM
to blummin right not waiting for any fat santa to bring me a suprise need all the lovin i can get at mo :sleigh: ride em cowboy

geti-titanium
26-11-2009, 10:38 PM
need all the lovin i can get at mo

reeeeallly! :X

Emerald
26-11-2009, 10:40 PM
reeeeallly! :X

you are not on the favourite list after shooting me :-()

Di Sandland
26-11-2009, 10:40 PM
to blummin right not waiting for any fat santa to bring me a suprise need all the lovin i can get at mo :sleigh: ride em cowboy

After what he's doing to those reindeer he'd be no good to woman or beast anyway, Jo.

geti-titanium
26-11-2009, 10:48 PM
you are not on the favourite list after shooting me

Those were bullets of luuurve :-p

Sheltie
27-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I am on the ferry out of Shetland tomorrow and will be away for 2 weeks so I'll have to wait til then to see what I have got.

So whoever has me I will not be ignoring you but give my thanks in advance

snow_imp
28-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Well I've posted my gift to the relevant person - can't get to the post office during the week so it had to be a bit early!

I hope it is liked - I've never done anything similar before and it seems really 'simple' in relation to some of the things that have been made by others on the forum.

All the more reason to learn more skills and to keep practicing!!!

:xmaswave:

Emerald
28-11-2009, 10:21 AM
oh goodness how exciting i made one thing but have started another not sure i will get it finished now but i will try xx

Sheltie
28-11-2009, 11:45 AM
As said earlier I am away for the next 2 weeks so have just posted said gift, So the lucky person keep an eye out. Hopefully it will be liked, It is the only one of a kind and I will not be making any more like that.:xmaslaugh::Y:

amazingbabe
28-11-2009, 01:04 PM
As said earlier I am away for the next 2 weeks so have just posted said gift, So the lucky person keep an eye out. Hopefully it will be liked, It is the only one of a kind and I will not be making any more like that.:xmaslaugh::Y:

ooo is it me is it me :hohoho:

geti-titanium
28-11-2009, 02:26 PM
My Secret Santa recipient is going to cry when she gets her gift:snow: - or well up a little bit at least!

Emerald
28-11-2009, 02:32 PM
My Secret Santa recipient is going to cry when she gets her gift:snow: - or well up a little bit at least!

in utter dispair probably !:~:

caroleallen
28-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Mine is going to be overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude as this will be what is missing in their life!! :hohoho:

geti-titanium
28-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Mine is going to be overwhelmed with emotion and gratitude as this will be what is missing in their life!!

Is it me? Is it a Swedish au pair? Oh my! There is a God after all!!:X

caroleallen
28-11-2009, 07:59 PM
:xmaslaugh: Haha!

Kalorlo
29-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Whoop! Ready for posting tomorrow :)

My first time using sterling silver in anything - I hope my recipient likes it!

Mila Jewellery
29-11-2009, 06:46 PM
You are all going to have to post up pics of your pressies once you've opened them - I'm dying to see what everyone has made :)

Charlotte
29-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Its a shame I went AWOL this would have been a nice little project! Definitely want to see some photo's!

Lindyloo
29-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Is everyone staying secret?:hohoho:

mizgeorge
29-11-2009, 07:55 PM
bit hard to be completely secret with recorded delivery (unless you're being very sneaky ;))

Lindyloo
29-11-2009, 07:58 PM
It was suggested earlier, we could use Nic's address as the sender

caroleallen
29-11-2009, 08:04 PM
It was suggested earlier, we could use Nic's address as the sender

Can we do that?

Kalorlo
29-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm being non-sneaky. Especially as I've put a note in!

Lindyloo
29-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I tried to do a multiple quote Carole, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. But back on pages 7-8 of this thread, this was discussed. Nic doesn't seem to be here at the moment to confirm.

snow_imp
30-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I put 'secret santa' on the back of the parcel with house number and post code (the minimum they need is house number and post code). Unless any of you know my postal address already you wouldn't guess its me.

Admittedly, I did sign the card I put in the parcel. :)

Lindyloo
30-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Mine is posted. And... it's a secret...:hohoho:

Emerald
30-11-2009, 11:42 AM
i am such a plank i have deleted the address out my PM box, good job i wrote it in my diary .......now just need to find my diary!:(| :xmaswave:

Di Sandland
30-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I've got my pressie already ;)

Emerald
30-11-2009, 12:51 PM
phew found my diary and its winging its way as we speak xx:merryxmas:

MuranoSilver
30-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Mine has arrived too but I'm saving it until tonight....
Can't wait to get home and open my Santa Parcel!
Nic xx

Mila Jewellery
30-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Its a shame I went AWOL this would have been a nice little project! Definitely want to see some photo's!

We'll have to do a secret Easter Bunny one lol

kymbi
30-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Mine is winging its way....my fingers are crossed in the hope it's liked!

Exciting times and something to cheer us up with all this dreadful weather - I can't wait to see what everyone gets :hohoho:

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Mine's delayed until tomorrow - I just need to replace the 1 carat diamond.

AlexandraBuckle
30-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Just got back from the post office :carolers:

I haven't been very secretive with mine, though I did put my married name on the back to confuse a little ;)

mizgeorge
30-11-2009, 05:19 PM
45 minutes in the post office queue! Do I get a prize for dedication to duty?

I'd forgotten the 30th of the month is car tax day. Added to the regular pension collections, and christmas posters, it was horrendous in there today. At least I got stuck for most of the time underneath the door heater ;)

Sheltie
30-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I got to wait until the 13th to get mine:'(

Ah well roll on this next 2 weeks

Those that have received please post pics co I am missing my jewellery:ta:

lorraineflee
30-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Sent mine today - having panic attacks in case the recipient doesn't like it! Everyone else seems to produce much more wonderful items than me - oh woe!!!!!

Lorraine

PS - Just wanted to say that it was made with lots of love - honest!! :snow:

Solunar Silver Studio
30-11-2009, 06:19 PM
My computer is really sick so I've got to get some information on here before it freezes again...I don't know when I will be fully restored again! I've posted my prezzie - first class recorded - I couldn't remember what we were supposed to do so sorry if it is wrong. I had packaged it last week so had the address already. I hope it fits the bill...I did my best!!
Whoever is sending to me - forgive me if I don't respond to it as soon as you would expect - it depends how the computer situation is later on. I will keep trying to make contact until it is mended!!

Lindyloo
30-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Don't keep us in suspense Nic and Di. Where are your pictures. :xmaswave:

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I sent mine today as well - I was waiting for a replacement 1 carat diamond to come in tomorrow for it but I spotted a better 2 carat stone that I could use instead so I managed to get it finished off and out the door.

Whoever gets it though, it doesn't mean we are engaged or anything! :X

geti-titanium
30-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Did you send me a dozen roses too Alan?

'fraid not Jason - I was saving up a downpayment on a bottle of your favourite 24 carat, but then remembered you were teetotal so I bought myself ........ I just got distracted by this smiley and couldn't think of anything to finish it off with - what's he rubbing with his hands?

:santacookies:

Emerald
30-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh my god lmao!

MuranoSilver
30-11-2009, 11:22 PM
I LOVE my pressies and will take some pictures tomorrow of my gorgeous new tree decs! :xmastree::xmaswin::santa:

Ominicci
01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Mine being sent today as I was out all day yesterday and forgot to pick it up when I went out of the door, along with the christmas presents for the children of the friend I was meeting yesterday too #-o so will have to send them too now!!

Charlotte
01-12-2009, 07:17 AM
CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE PHOTO'S!:camera:

Lindyloo
01-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I LOVE my pressies and will take some pictures tomorrow of my gorgeous new tree decs! :xmastree::xmaswin::santa:

You mean you got more than one? You lucky thing. WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS? I can't wait any longer. So excited! :sleigh:

Gemma
01-12-2009, 08:43 AM
I want to see piccies too!! I joined too late to sign up but want to see so I can be properly jealous :xmaslaugh:

AlexandraBuckle
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
The postie just came!
Oh my! I just love it! Its so clever! Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!

:merryxmas: :merryxmas: :merryxmas: :merryxmas:

AlexandraBuckle
01-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I had the best secret santa ever!!!! Though not secret really ;)
Thanks for going to so much effort I LOVE it!!!!!!!

Its made my day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Emerald
01-12-2009, 10:27 AM
doh postie has been but no SS boohoo will have to wait another day now :hohoho:

snow_imp
01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I haven't received anything yet either - patient is not one of my strong points!

mizgeorge
01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Nor me. But I want to see PICTURES.

Can we have a new thread for them perhaps please?

Charlotte
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
10 STONES?! My goodness, looking forward to seeing that one!!!

Lindyloo
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
oh my god, 10 minutes before. I thought I was bad, finishing on Sunday. But don't call the stones worthless, they were set with love and affection!

kymbi
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Oh bugger, I popped out to the shop at 3pm as I thought there was no post today and just got back to find a "sorry you were out" card for a recorded delivery :'(

lorraineflee
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Mine has arrived and OH is suggesting that I should wait until Christmas morning to open it! I don't have to do I????
Lorraine

MuranoSilver
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Naww open it and enjoy!!! :)

Di Sandland
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Mine has arrived and OH is suggesting that I should wait until Christmas morning to open it! I don't have to do I????
Lorraine

Pah - my OH said that too. That was the triumph of hope over experience if ever there was one ;)

Trudy
01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I had decided to open mine later but just couldnt wait....it is beautiful!! I love it and it fits perfectly! :) Thank you so so much :)

P.S. I'm even more scared about whether mine is liked now :o

AlexandraBuckle
01-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I had decided to open mine later but just couldnt wait....it is beautiful!! I love it and it fits perfectly! :) Thank you so so much :)

Yep me too. I love my prezzie! I hope mine is good enough for my person [-o<

mizgeorge
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Come on then, show us!

Kalorlo
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Eeee, mine is here! It looks like the postman signed for it himself and put it through the letterbox :D They're lovely!

I will take photies in a bit.

Lindyloo
01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Should we keep them all to the photographic evidence thread though, so we can see them all together?

Trudy
01-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Come on then, show us!

:xmaslaugh: Im just off to have some stew to try and warm up a bit so I can actually feel my fingers...then I will take and post a pic :)

agent_44
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I have to confess, I have failed :(

My SS parcel wont be sent until tomorrow, so it will get there a day or so late (I was cofused over wether posting date was today or yesterday). If it's any consolation I have barely had time to sleep over the past week or so, so I am being punished for my uselessness in a roundabout way...

Really sorry, absolutely nothing I could do about it, I just hope my recipient like what they get!

Kalorlo
01-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Should we keep them all to the photographic evidence thread though, so we can see them all together?

Hmm, good question - we've already got two threads with a picture each in them! Should we add them on there or post in new threads?

It would be nice to have a thread with all the pictures together at the front, or a gallery or something.

Lisa Quinn
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Please , please some photos, please xx

AlexandraBuckle
01-12-2009, 07:09 PM
my pics in the other thread xxx

caroleallen
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Nic, do you want to know who has sent their parcels and who has received theirs as I see you have columns for this on the original list?

MuranoSilver
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
That's Ok we'll do a tally up in about a week to make sure everyones got their parcel.
Things seems to be ticking along nicely though
nic xx

caroleallen
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
The SS thing has been great fun - brilliant idea.

Emerald
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
It was a fab idea and really good fun to see the results it will be going all week at this rate :snow:

snow_imp
02-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I got home to a card from the postie last night - I'll have to wait until Saturday to go and get it.

Hopefully it's my SS pressie.

mizgeorge
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, the postie's been, and I'm still on the naughty step :(

geti-titanium
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, the postie's been, and I'm still on the naughty step

Right there with you George - perhaps a little bit higher though :)

Emerald
02-12-2009, 09:15 AM
oh no poor George mines not been yet but i have my running shoes on! x

AlexandraBuckle
02-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I also posted mine on Monday but i don't think my person has it yet either :(

Emerald
02-12-2009, 10:59 AM
i think we will have to do new year gifts aswell cant wait till next xmas far to much fun or maybe valentines xx

Lindyloo
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Me too. I'm also on the naughty step. But what did I do wrong?:'(:'(:'(:'(:

kymbi
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
The packet I had to pick up from the sorting office was a bead order, so I'm on the naughty step keeping you company :'(

agent_44
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Just an update to say my SS parcel is winging it's way to it's recipient now, I got there in the end :)

mizgeorge
03-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Still on the naughty step here :(
I've just checked the tracking number, and I don't think the one I've sent has been delivered either. Rubbish postal service this week IMO.

AlexandraBuckle
03-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Can you track things sent by 'signed for'?
If so how do i do it?

AlexandraBuckle
03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Ah worked it out! RM still have it! Grr!!!

snow_imp
03-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I was finally able to collect mine from the post office this morning and it is beautiful.

Pictures are on the other thread.

Lindyloo
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm still waiting....:'(:'(:'(

agent_44
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Me too but I think I know why now, also so is my recipient so I guess it's only fair!

kymbi
03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm still on the naughty step as well :(

I'm not around tomorrow or Saturday when the postie calls (and DH often misses the knock) so it will probably be Monday at the earliest before I get my SS :'(

What is RM is playing at the moment? The tracking number for the SS I sent says my packet is still in the system but a picture has been posted on the thread - WTF?!

I posted out two orders yesterday by RD so I hope they get delivered on time and in one piece...

Lindyloo
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I got mine!!!!! Posted pics on the other thread. :carolers::carolers::carolers:

agent_44
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I am fuming with royal mail G, thing is I have had two recorded delivery packets that have arrived next day, one from cookies and one from my sister, so it makes no sense, 3 days so far and mine still isn't with the recipient, I am really angry and have convinced myself it has been lost or stolen.

I know of 3 parcels I should have by now, none have turned up, my bills are getting throught Ok though....typical! :N:

snow_imp
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Oooooh Anne, I was up in Northamptonshire Friday to Sunday last week, just outside Kettering to be precise, the weather was awful, freezing cold and pouring down. :xmaslaugh:

What on earth where you doing near Kettering!!!?? I only ask in such a way as a good friend of mine tends to react that way to anyone saying "Kettering". I've only been in the area 2 years so no of no reason why people react the way the do.

Anyhoo - you're right, it was really nasty for parts of the weekend - I didn't bother leaving the house on Sunday - hibernation is my favourite part of December - pity about having to go to work!

:xmaswave:

Ominicci
03-12-2009, 08:34 PM
What is RM is playing at the moment? The tracking number for the SS I sent says my packet is still in the system but a picture has been posted on the thread - WTF?!

Kym - I didn't have to sign for your parcel it was left on the doorstep and there was no orange 'signed for' sticker on the parcel so the postie must have done it himself and took the sticker off - there are marks above the address where the envelope covering has come off like a sticker having been torn off...
Luckily our doorway is set back into the house on the side and can't be seen from the road. He couldn't get it through the letter box as our door is ancient and has a tiny old cast iron letterbox.

mizgeorge
04-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Still nothing here. I know mine's been delivered though, which is good.

I have a feeling my SS partner may still have 'umputer problems though.

Di Sandland
04-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Well as my SS partner is away for a while (come on, we all know who it was now so no secrets any more) I haven't even posted mine yet - just in case he hadn't made arrangements for somebody to collect his parcels.

Sheltie
04-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Well as my SS partner is away for a while (come on, we all know who it was now so no secrets any more) I haven't even posted mine yet - just in case he hadn't made arrangements for somebody to collect his parcels.

Not a problem as my family are still at home and the posties that we have are very good, plus the OH works for the post office so he just takes any signed for parcels there:hohoho:

Di Sandland
04-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Not a problem as my family are still at home and the posties that we have are very good, plus the OH works for the post office so he just takes any signed for parcels there:hohoho:
In the post tomorrow then!:xmaswave:

kymbi
04-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Mine's still not arrived - I have been working at the market all day but there's no card here to say I've missed a recorded delivery :(

Fiona
05-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Mine has arrived - and its beautiful - can we take pics? Unfortunately mine hasn't been sent yet ,Im waiting for a rather important component to arrive...

MuranoSilver
05-12-2009, 07:10 AM
Hooray another arrival :)
Pics can be posted in the Secret Santa Photographic Evidence thread (http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/off-topic/1656-secret-santa-photographic-evidence.html)
Nic xx

agent_44
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Just a quickie to say I got my SS prezzie today :D, just popped home and got it, need to go out again now, so I will get some pictures later today and post them in the other thread....

Oh, and I luvs it I does :) :D In fact, I put it straight on !

kymbi
05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Hurrah, my SS arrived today while I was at work but someone was at home to sign for it. It's a lovely silver bracelet from Nicci and I love it! I'm off out on the lash later and I need to get some sleep in first, so I'll take a picture tomorrow.

Thank you so much Nicci :X

Ominicci
05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Phew glad it's arrived - even I was getting worried!

Trudy
06-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I know I'm probably being really slow on this but I havent had chance to read all of the posts the last few days....did we all send presents to the same people we received from? I know that I did...

lorraineflee
06-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Yes, it seems we did. I think I actually prefer a truly secret santa (I loved my pressies from you Trudy!) it's a bit unnerving to think that you are sending a present to someone who is a professional jeweller when you are only a hobbyist and that they will know it's from you! Well, that's how I feel anyway.
Lorraine

Trudy
06-12-2009, 08:47 AM
I know what you mean :) My bangle from you is so beautiful and professional.....I got very scared when I saw it and knew that you were getting the things that I sent to you! Im glad that you liked them tho :)

MuranoSilver
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Jason John.......................(pg 2)......................Yes...............
EmmaRose........................(pg 1).....................Yes................
Shelti..............................(pg 1)......................Yes...............
Caroleallen.......................(pg 2)......................Yes...............yes
mizGeorge......................(pg 2)........................Yes...............
AmazingBabe.................(pg 2).........................Yes...............yes

Hi all am I right in thinking that the folks above haven't recieved their presents yet? I know they're on the way but can you let us know when they arrive (or if they've already arrived?)

Ta muchly
nic xx

caroleallen
07-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I've had mine Nic.

mizgeorge
07-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Nic, I haven't had mine, but I know my partner has received hers (or so the electronic signature on the RM tracking site would suggest).

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/trackresults?catId=22700601&pageId=trt_rmresultspage&keyname=ePOD4_track&_requestid=198763

amazingbabe
07-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I have mine Nic and i am totally in love, put my beautiful new shiny gorgeous, stunning, delicious bangles on !!! Phew xx love them love them xx

Fiona
11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
My secret santa has finally been sent out - sorry for the delay...

Emerald
11-12-2009, 11:51 AM
have you recieved yours Fiona x

Fiona
11-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Mine has arrived - and its beautiful - can we take pics? Unfortunately mine hasn't been sent yet ,Im waiting for a rather important component to arrive...

Yes.. done that already........... and Im still crooning over it :xmaslaugh:

mizgeorge
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Picture please! The thread's here: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/off-topic/1656-secret-santa-photographic-evidence.html

Fiona
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Picture please! The thread's here: http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/off-topic/1656-secret-santa-photographic-evidence.html

Will do George.. tomorrow morning . no light here.. just grey fog :'(

Solunar Silver Studio
11-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Well - I'm afraid I'm totally lost now... Has everybody received their prezzie? It's so difficult to work it out when I only get fleeting glimpses of some of the photos when my computer is in a good mood!:'( (...I could do with verbal descriptions of everything!!:xmaslaugh:)

Sheltie
14-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I have not received my pressie yet but this is due to me being of island for the last couple of weeks but I am home now after 23hrs of travel. :Y:

Di Sandland
14-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I have not received my pressie yet but this is due to me being of island for the last couple of weeks but I am home now after 23hrs of travel. :Y:

Glad you're safely home, Sheltie. The PO say your parcel is still being 'processed through the system.' :(

Sheltie
14-12-2009, 10:16 AM
That probably means it is on island and will delivered either today or tomorrow. The tracking tends to stop at Aberdeen. But will keep an eye out for it. I'll ask my postie as well he's really nice and know if I am looking for it he will chase up with the main sorting office.:xmaslaugh:

Di Sandland
14-12-2009, 10:17 AM
That probably means it is on island and will delivered either today or tomorrow. The tracking tends to stop at Aberdeen. But will keep an eye out for it. I'll ask my postie as well he's really nice and know if I am looking for it he will chase up with the main sorting office.:xmaslaugh:

I have a friend who lives on Bute and I learned the hard way never to send Interflora for her birthday :-O

mizgeorge
24-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Woohoo!
I'm off the naughty step, and in the nicest possible way :)
Casper the Christmas Crayfish has arrived to live at my house just in time for the big day. He's just sprucing up his feelers for his photo debut and will appear on a thread near you shortly :)

Emerald
24-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Fab cant wait lol x

Di Sandland
24-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Ooh, can't wait to see him. You got the crayfish!!!!

mizgeorge
24-12-2009, 10:25 AM
He absolutely was. And he's even brought his own little christmas hat with him.....

Rustic Charm
24-12-2009, 01:47 PM
come on george show us pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease xxxx

Emerald
24-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh George you still have not posted a pic come on girl :D

mizgeorge
24-12-2009, 05:36 PM
You lot are looking in the wrong place - he's on the photo thread ;)

MuranoSilver
24-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks George - he's gorgeous!