PDA

View Full Version : Microplating

Teallach
22-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone, I'm in the process of setting up my own shop after having worked in the trade for 20 years and I've got a question about microplating units! We've only ever used the Balco unit with 3 x 1litre pots but I've recently come across the 3 x 50ml unit which technical supermarket do. As far as I'm concerned, due to 99% of the items we plate being rings, there is no great need for anything larger and if I did need to plate a bangle, I could always rig up a larger tub with more solution in it, so.......do I go all out and buy the larger Balco machine, or do I save a load of money by getting the little unit which will pay for itself in no time at all? Does anyone have experience with the little machine...CEPM-4? I'm tempted to stick to what I know but less money spent on this means more to spend on stock😄

josef1
22-05-2016, 08:49 PM
Ive not used the system, I also use Balco unit its basically just a transformer, rectifier and an immersion heater element. From reading about the cepm-4 its a similar setup it also looks a nice little unit it says it will plate up to 2 square inches so maybe it would struggle doing bigger bangle etc . Im just trying to work out how many rings approx make up 2 square inches suppose you would have to do one or two rings at a time.