PDA

View Full Version : UK Diamond suppliers?

asterlingidea
12-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Hey Cookies,

Wondered if any of you could suggest some good places to buy diamonds (conflict free/ethical preferred) in the UK? I use Wards for most of my gemstone needs and have in the past used them for diamonds also, but wondered if there might be a better/purse friendlier option out there? I live in Scotland, so online/telephone companies only please as I don't have access to Hatton Garden/Jewellery Quarter on my doorstep :-) Any info much appreciated.

Warmest wishes,

Hannah

Unhindered
12-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Hi Hannah :) I personally use Henig for diamonds, they are online & on the phone, based in hatton garden but i get them posted to me, good luck!

LydiaNiz
12-05-2016, 07:02 PM
I use RM Weare for diamonds, (Mr Bond recommended them to me) they are fabulous, and very patient and helpful even with relatively teeny weeny orders 01904 693933

asterlingidea
13-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Thanks Ladies! Have looked into both, RM Weare seems probably the best option though I've applied for trade account with Henig too. Have a lovely weekend! :-)

Lynn.D
14-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Hey Cookies,

Wondered if any of you could suggest some good places to buy diamonds (conflict free/ethical preferred) in the UK? I use Wards for most of my gemstone needs and have in the past used them for diamonds also, but wondered if there might be a better/purse friendlier option out there? I live in Scotland, so online/telephone companies only please as I don't have access to Hatton Garden/Jewellery Quarter on my doorstep :-) Any info much appreciated.

Warmest wishes,

Hannah

After receiving a small inheritance I'd got it in my head I wanted to buy my granddaughters a diamond for them to choose how they wanted it set in later life. I was thinking about half a carot each but after researching as much as I could about diamonds realised I might make a big mistake due to my lack of knowledge so thought blow it I'll get them some premium bonds instead lol

They've won £50 so far the youngest says she wants a magnifying glass to look at bugs lol The eldest wants swimming lessons, so think I made the right decision.

ps_bond
15-05-2016, 07:31 AM
After receiving a small inheritance I'd got it in my head I wanted to buy my granddaughters a diamond for them to choose how they wanted it set in later life.

Great, but doesn't really assist the OP, does it?

As mentioned, I usually use R M Weare, as well as Worldshiner and occasionally Clark Diamonds. Pricing is pretty much fixed by Rapaport, although there's some wriggle room. If people start talking about Blue Nile as a source, my temptation would be to let them source it themselves - and they can deal with the problems too (google for examples). Yes, it'll be cheaper - but there's far too many reports of people being not-unreasonably disappointed by what arrives.

As far as conflict-free goes, I don't think you'll find any UK sellers offering blood diamonds. If it's of interest, I've got a small quantity of smallish CVD (lab grown) diamonds I need to get rid of that I posted on FB.

Lynn.D
16-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Great, but doesn't really assist the OP, does it?

As mentioned, I usually use R M Weare, as well as Worldshiner and occasionally Clark Diamonds. Pricing is pretty much fixed by Rapaport, although there's some wriggle room. If people start talking about Blue Nile as a source, my temptation would be to let them source it themselves - and they can deal with the problems too (google for examples). Yes, it'll be cheaper - but there's far too many reports of people being not-unreasonably disappointed by what arrives.

As far as conflict-free goes, I don't think you'll find any UK sellers offering blood diamonds. If it's of interest, I've got a small quantity of smallish CVD (lab grown) diamonds I need to get rid of that I posted on FB.

Apologies, after reading posts I tend to type whatever rubbish comes into my head at the time, however, I will refrain from doing so in the future.

ps_bond
16-05-2016, 06:30 AM
No harm done - threads do veer off-topic at times, but it's preferable by far to keep them on course.

diamonddan121
07-09-2016, 07:31 PM
I can't recommend anyone specifically in the UK as I'm US based, but if you don't mind shipping from North America I can definitely recommend a half dozen or so. These guys (http://executiveice.com/best-place-to-buy-diamonds/) have done some diamond store reviews but they look to be US based.. Maybe you can email them and ask if they have any UK-based recommendations?

diamondfoster
19-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I have also used RM Weare in the past and had a positive experience with them.

callirrhoejewellery
16-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Sorry for my ignorance...but I just tried to register an account with Henig and they asked for two trade references...I wasn't sure what to put since I do custom work one-on-one with my clients? What could I put there for a reference?

CJ57
16-07-2017, 07:46 PM
It's the companies you buy from not your customers to show that you pay your accounts and aren't a debt risk

callirrhoejewellery
17-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Ah, got you, thanks!