PDA

View Full Version : What will be under your tree

The Dragon
08-09-2009, 10:19 PM
It's no good - the Christmas planograms have arrived in store and the Christmas stock delivery schedule is winging it way via e-mail as I speak - so I may as well give in and be one of the first on the subject. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I'm going to regret asking this - but - what would you guys and gals like to find under your tree on Christmas morning?

Alright, alright besides that - some people really have strange minds ;)

For me it would be a choice of one of either:

A Paragon Kiln

An all singing & dancing torch kit

A rolling mill

An extensive enameling kit

A young dark haired, dark eyed thirty something in a police uniform (no, no, no that won't do - what am I thinking)[-X

I await your replies - go on be a devil! lol <3<3

geti-titanium
08-09-2009, 10:26 PM
A young dark haired, dark eyed thirty something in a police uniform (no, no, no that won't do - what am I thinking)

You're coming round to the forum way of thinking now I see :)

Socks - Black - 6 pairs for the use of.

The Dragon
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
You're coming round to the forum way of thinking now I see :)

Socks - Black - 6 pairs for the use of.

Aren't you feeling well! socks - is that the best you can come up with - or are you still thinking of Pammy and her balcony bra![]

geti-titanium
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
There's a lot you can do with socks - get a big enough pair and you can slip one over your head and go shopping in some of the high end jewellers in London.

EmmaRose
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
LOL! Annie :">
Hmmm
photography studio stuff and a really long lens.....
some more resin colours
loads of metal clay gear- molds and textures and stuff from the states and Hatties maglites sets.
lovely jewellery by other designers....
some more storage things....
stuff for my house- plants, cooking stuff....
Em

EmmaRose
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Can we all come? sounds like fun!
Em

geti-titanium
08-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I also know a chap in the jewellery quarter who, in his younger days whilst serving in the Navy (not me by the way in case you are wondering!) bartered and got a sh*g for a pair of socks - never underestimate socks!

I use mine to keep my feet warm!

geti-titanium
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
oh dear - I'm in the wrong room again!

EmmaRose
08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh Jason thats no fair! Me wants to dress outrageous!
Alan, thats beginning to become a habit ;)
E

MuranoSilver
08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Ahem could we steer this back to Christmas trees please?? 0:-)
I'd like a water torch under my tree (which won't happen)
so I'd settle for a micro motor for the shop :)

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Dear Santa,

I have been a good little girl alllllllllllllllll year, and so my Christmas list is as follows.

WORKBENCH!
The photography set up that i fell in love with at IJL
Kiln
Lots of wonderful one day courses
Gorgeous stones and beads to work with
In fact all items in abundance
A younger body (and a nice one please not whats left at the back of the cupboard!
A loving husband (yeah like hes gonna change overnight)
.....................and a partridge in a pear tree.

Lots of Love

"Goody Goody" Su' xx

caroleallen
09-09-2009, 06:48 AM
I'd like a course too. Trouble is all those sort of things have to come out of my business account for tax purposes, so I'd end up buying it for myself, as usual!

mizgeorge
09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
microflame (a hobby flame would do....)
sinusoidal stake
enamelling kit

Plus the contents of my Rio Grande wishlist of course!

I think I can find everything Jason wants on ebay.....

Oh, and, er, world peace and stuff.

It is only September though :)

Emerald
09-09-2009, 08:54 AM
i want i want i want lampwork lessons pleassssssex

lesley
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Can I have a bigger house please, Santa, so I can have my own room/workshop? And if someone is reading this I don't mean a cold drafty shed.........I do not want a shed!

Everything needed to start soldering.

My own personal lampwork bead maker.

A big fluffy rug 'cos I like to lie on the floor and draw and my elbows are suffering somewhat.

If the partidge doesn't want it I'll have the pear tree as well.

Felix Economakis wrapped in tinsel. :Y:

EmmaRose
09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Sounds good to me Jason. Especially the eyeshadow :D
Pretty please Su what was the photography set up you saw at IJL??
Em

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Sounds good to me Jason. Especially the eyeshadow :D
Pretty please Su what was the photography set up you saw at IJL??
Em

It was in the Techinal Lamps stand, they had some lovely light boxes but i was most impressed by the mechanical arm that held the camera instead of a tripod, it was so much more postitionable and wouldnt stick out in the room like a tripod, and i also fell in love with the camera and software package, it dealt with the photos so welll

EmmaRose
09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Link? :'( I missed them!
Em

MuranoSilver
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Technical Lamps UK - A premier supplier of quality shop display lighting, lamps and light boxes (http://www.techlamps.co.uk/)
There ya go :)

Ominicci
09-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Nic - What is a 'water torch'.

My list would include books (jewellery related), books (fiction), and books (non-fiction) - I have a large Amazon wishlist .....OMG!!!.... as I was typing that there was a knock on the door and the postie delivered an Amazon package (textbooks for Stepdaughter and Elizabeth Olver's The Jewellers Directory of Shape and Form for me!! Cup of tea time!!).

Carole how do you get away with putting courses down as business expenses - the HMRC man said only CPD (Continuing Professional Development) courses such as re-certification/updating of qualifications for professional purposes (something you have to have in order to do your job) e.g. a plumber and his Corgi certifcation? And the initial course cost to gain the certification/quals aren't allowed either e.g the plumber has to pay all the costs out of his own pocket to get qualified (that's why there are apprenticeships - the employer pays for it normally).

MuranoSilver
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry my bad what I mean by Water Torch is a Microflame (http://www.bryzel.co.uk/microflame.htm)....
A type of torch that generates it's fuel by electrolysis of water.
Cool eh?

bustagasket
09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Technical Lamps UK*-*A premier supplier of quality shop display lighting, lamps and light boxes (http://www.techlamps.co.uk/)
There ya go :)

Ty hun i was fiddling with me twisty bits :P

kymbi
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Carole how do you get away with putting courses down as business expenses - the HMRC man said only CPD (Continuing Professional Development) courses such as re-certification/updating of qualifications for professional purposes (something you have to have in order to do your job) e.g. a plumber and his Corgi certifcation? And the initial course cost to gain the certification/quals aren't allowed either e.g the plumber has to pay all the costs out of his own pocket to get qualified (that's why there are apprenticeships - the employer pays for it normally).

I put my jewellery courses/workshops down as business expenses as well. I work on the principle that while it may not be essential, it is CPD and develops my business skills and "manufacturing" techniques. When I worked in an office, I went on loads of courses that were not essential to my job but broadened my skills, and they were charged as a business expense.