PDA

View Full Version : Power tools - which one is best??

becka555
26-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Hi
I run a small silver jewellery business and have been burning out several Dremels3000/4000. I'm using them on a Dremel work station In a horizontal position for filing and polishing my pieces. I've gone through about five now as they either blow up!! Or they loose their variable speed. I mainly use silicon course polishing discs on it and think the dust accumulating is getting into the motor. Do I need to invest in a pendant drill (expensive) or is there another solution?? Your help would be most appreciated :) thanks. Becka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis
26-04-2016, 10:00 PM
In going through about five Dremels, you have probably spent more than the cost of a Foredom, quite apart from the frustration of having to stop work.
Time to bite the bullet, I think and buy something more durable.

If you put the word 'motor' in our search box, top right, you will be able to pick out relevant discussions. Dennis.

ajda
27-04-2016, 01:13 PM
I think Dennis is right - I've just bitten that bullet and got a Foredom micromotor - better speed control, higher torque, beautifully engineered, but mouthwatering price, especially as I got the hammer handpiece as well as the rotary... There are cheaper options out there, but I'm hoping this'll do whatever I need it to do and will last me the rest of my working life. Goodbye Dremel! I got mine from here - http://www.woodworkscraftsupplies.co.uk/ - someone called Colin very helpful with advice.
Alan

becka555
09-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Thanks guys! Time to bite the bullet for me indeed!!! Thanks again xx

becka555
09-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Did you go for a pendant drill? What model? Xx

enigma
09-05-2016, 09:46 PM
I got through two Dremels in a short time before I bought my Foredom pendant motor from Suttons tools, so glad I did :)