PDA

View Full Version : Computer problems all day

lesley
08-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I haven't been able to log onto certain sites today including my Paypal account and Mr Site. I get a message saying that there's an error with the security certificate.
I've tried clearing the browser down and installing a new browser (Firefox - I normally use IE 8) but nothing helps. :(|

Anyone have any ideas......or had the same problems?

kymbi
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I had something similar a couple of weeks ago, it was with a couple of other sites but same message about security certificates. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I managed to override the MS system and accepted the website - does the screen with the error message include an override button or something? I use Firefox.

lesley
08-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Richard (OH) has fixed it !

It's connected to an ongoing problem we're having with the system clock which keeps resetting itself to 2002.........for some unknown flippin' reason. Today, however, it decided it was 2099 and all the security certificates had expired. I wonder what time zone I'll be in tomorrow. :)
Goodnight from the future.

Thanks, Kymbi.

EmmaRose
08-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh my! I hope it was a future full of lots of jewellery tools for you!
Em

Kalorlo
09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
It sounds like you might need a new CMOS battery - it's a little battery on the motherboard that lets your computer store information like date and time. If the date keeps resetting, it might have died.

lesley
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey, thanks, Heather! That does sound like a sensible solution.
I'll get OH onto it. Replacing a battery?.......too techy for me. :)