PDA

View Full Version : Crossing Over Ring

tessie
24-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi !!

My jewellery friend has been away for a few weeks, so I've been watching Youtube clips to keep things fresh in my memory :)

One thing I have looked for is a clip that shows how I can make one of these fab rings ? But I've not found one...Is there any other clip sites that show "How to" make jewellery ? 8811

Also, I have seen the wheel beside the big flat roller on the rolling machine, I think it makes "D" shaped shanks...How do I use it ?

TTFN

Dennis
24-03-2016, 06:47 PM
Answer to question one: With lots of experience.

Question two: You feed in the right size of round wire to fit the groove. If the groove is smaller, a ledge forms on each side which can also be attractive. Dennis.

metalsmith
24-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Hi !!
One thing I have looked for is a clip that shows how I can make one of these fab rings ? But I've not found one...Is there any other clip sites that show "How to" make jewellery ? 8811
TTFN

It's great to have an aspiration though!

tessie
24-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Thank you both....How about any other websites for tutorial clips ? :)

BarryM
26-03-2016, 07:44 AM
You Tube - search for Soham Harrison and Andrew Berry - both have "how to" videos. For more expansive training try looking for "AtTheBench" - on line training courses from Andrew Berry, it is excellent IMO but you have to pay (monthly or annual subs available)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajda
26-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Echoing Barry, I like watching and listening to Soham Harrison on YouTube - he has a gentle manner and down to earth approach to demonstrating basic skills and techniques, and he uploads the occasional nice interlude on other matters, eg a baby praying mantis found in a bucket of water used for casting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_SL0DVN8Bc. He's a Native American (now I think living in Oz) and was a Porsche mechanic for 30 years before he became a silversmith - interesting background.

Alan

Aurarius
26-03-2016, 12:42 PM
He's a Native American.

He's partly native American.