PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the good news or the bad news?

bustagasket
08-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok first the good news.....................

The tumbler that i ordered at the IJL show arrived today - i was expecting it to take at least a week and the chap at the show had said a week to 10 days, so i cant believe its already here along with the barrellbrite and the stainless steel shot.

And now for the bad news..........................

THERE WAS NO BLOODY BARRELL IN THE BOX!!!#-o

A motor yes:Y: but a barrell no. :N:lol

Spoke to a very nice man at Suttons who assured me that he would get one sent to me tomorrow - as it was too late for couriers tonight.

Talk about tease me :'(

MuranoSilver
08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
#-o bless you Su, it'll all be worth it in the end! []

The Dragon
08-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Poor Su :(

It'll all be forgotten when you take your first pieces out. :)

Take a deep breath, close your eyes and imagine all those beautiful shiney pieces staring back at you from the workbench :dance:

caroleallen
08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Aww! That was mean.

bustagasket
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Take a deep breath, close your eyes and imagine all those beautiful shiney pieces staring back at you from the workbench :dance:

WHAT WORKBENCH???#-o:'(:'(

lesley
08-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Ooops! Never mind it's on its way.:)

About 5 years ago I bought a camera for my OH. Didn't realise until he opened it on Christmas day that all I had was a box with a charger in it!
They believed me in the shop and gave me a camera but that was a fraught couple of days I can tell you.

Di Sandland
08-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Aw, Su' - just think how good it will be when it eventually arrives.

Ominicci
08-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Whilst we are on the subject - how long does everyone leave their stuff in the tumbler for and an example of how many pieces of silver you put in??

I only ask because my last lot (a mixture of a couple of pendants, chain bracelets, head pins and a few pairs of plain studs) I left going in the tumbler overnight (8 hours - which I have done before) and the pendants with a large flat surface areas looked faintly pitted, but still shiny. I'm sure its because they were in too long? I have mixed shot with pins and use barrelbright.

lesley
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Ominicci, it might be the headpins and studs that caused the pitting. I find if I put flat things in with pointy things the flat ones can get marked.

I'd also like to know how long you're "supposed" to leave things in a tumbler.
For clasps and pendant pieces I usually leave them in for 6 or 7 hours.
Some things have been in for longer - it depends how they're coming along.

The Dragon
08-09-2009, 05:01 PM
WHAT WORKBENCH???#-o:'(:'(

That can be part of the dream as well hun! :Y:

Lindyloo
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Wow, 6 to 7 hours. Is that how long it needs?

geti-titanium
08-09-2009, 08:35 PM
I walked past Suttons today and it did look as if they were packing a barrel up to go out in the post.

agent_44
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
From here on in may your life be blessed with barrels and workbenches aplenty! :D

How bloomin' frustrating!

bustagasket
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I walked past Suttons today and it did look as if they were packing a barrel up to go out in the post.

that be mineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EmmaRose
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Oh don't you just hate that!
How long depends, if I am doing something textured I don't want to wear to much that is softer, like metal clay then 30min-1 hour. Just check really every couple of hours...
Em

Ominicci
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Ok. Thank for all the tips - hope that helps others too. :Y: