PDA

View Full Version : 3D printed silver cross necklace

vulcanjewelry
20-03-2016, 04:01 PM
The Tree in Cross necklace was inspired by the Salvador Dali. Salvador Dali is the most versatile and prolific artists of the twentieth century. The silver cross necklace was inspired by his surrealism art pieces with concepts of contradiction, illusion, floating objects and the stuff of dreams. The cubic cross is a floating object in the air wrapped a tree inside which represents life, immortal and eternity.

The cross pendant is 3D printed from wax and cast in sterling silver.

metalsmith
20-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that's pretty cool. I like Dali too!

Dennis
20-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Fantastic. That would take 4-5 hours to make from square wire and would have to be a one-off. Dennis.

Sammyjean
20-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Wow! Pretty amazing what you can do now with this technology.. Love the contradiction in the the forms, and the finishes.

ps_bond
20-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Fantastic. That would take 4-5 hours to make from square wire and would have to be a one-off. Dennis.

More and more I'm leaning towards 3d printing for anything where it's faster to use the technology than do the benchwork - but there are still times where the traditional skills are more time-efficient and give a better result than the new tech.

Just bought a new printer that'll help me expand that; once it arrives (mid May) & I've had some me-time with it I'll be able to offer to print things in castable resin for members.

josef1
21-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Solus???? You can't leave it like that ;-)

mizgeorge
21-03-2016, 01:07 AM
I really, really like it.

(Apart from the chain)

ps_bond
21-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Solus???? You can't leave it like that ;-)

Gave it serious consideration - and the print quality is good, but... Footprint is quite large (laptop + projector + printer), same as the LittleRP; it uses Creation Workshop (which I am not terribly impressed by) and overall isn't enough of an improvement on the LittleRP apart from the support available. So after doing a lot of digging, I've gone for a Form2 - don't be fooled by the beam diameter of 140u - which several people are claiming to be the resolution of the thing - the positioning accuracy is 10u (across quite a large envelope). Standalone network device, heated resin tank, resin dispensing (so no mucking around pouring resin into vats), large build area, cleaning station (sounds daft, but having it all tidy like that - with correct size containers - makes quite a difference). And, of course, a castable resin and a caster that can & will work with it.

ShinyLauren
21-03-2016, 07:45 AM
More and more I'm leaning towards 3d printing for anything where it's faster to use the technology than do the benchwork - but there are still times where the traditional skills are more time-efficient and give a better result than the new tech.

Just bought a new printer that'll help me expand that; once it arrives (mid May) & I've had some me-time with it I'll be able to offer to print things in castable resin for members.

Intriguing! I keep meaning to email you about getting some CAD stuff done, as am finally admitting there's no way I have time to wax carve every single little thing I want to make. Also, my wax carving is pretty wonky! I have the next couple of weeks off work, so actually going to sit down and do some drawing, then I'll be in contact :)

vulcanjewelry
23-03-2016, 04:21 PM
I used the same concept to produce a bracelet.

vulcanjewelry
23-03-2016, 04:25 PM
3D printing service is helping the jewelry designers to develop their own brand. I am able to transform my designs into wearable jewelry without having to invest a lot of money to buy 3D printer. I can simply focus on designing custom-made and on-demand jewelry at reasonable production cost.

vulcanjewelry
23-03-2016, 04:32 PM
You can find more of my works at
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanJeweler

moletteuk
24-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Super cool!