PDA

View Full Version : Freepost and discounts

CJ57
15-03-2016, 11:45 AM
I've placed an order on discounted wire and I was getting a couple of fretz hammers for my b'day so thought it worth ordering with the freepost and order another newly stocked hammer. Lo and behold one of the wires I most need is out of stock and the new hammer and belcher chain. As I need all of the above to get on with some new work I wasn't prepared to wait until the end of March for the delivery but will now be charged postage of the not in stock items. Why advertise new goods if you don't have them. Not particularly amused.

Lucie
15-03-2016, 01:20 PM
It happened to me a few weeks ago when I tried to order a polishing machine. It magically went out of stock the minute the sale started.

Aurarius
15-03-2016, 05:19 PM
I've placed an order on discounted wire and I was getting a couple of fretz hammers for my b'day so thought it worth ordering with the freepost and order another newly stocked hammer. Lo and behold one of the wires I most need is out of stock and the new hammer and belcher chain. As I need all of the above to get on with some new work I wasn't prepared to wait until the end of March for the delivery but will now be charged postage of the not in stock items. Why advertise new goods if you don't have them. Not particularly amused.
When were you informed the items were out of stock, Caroline? Before you placed your order or afterwards? I've never been charged postage during a freepost promo for things listed as in stock when ordered, however soon afterwards I've been notified they're actually out of stock and however many separate packages the order has ultimately been sent out in. This applies equally to Cookson, Suttons, and H. Walsh.

CJ57
15-03-2016, 07:52 PM
When were you informed the items were out of stock, Caroline? Before you placed your order or afterwards? I've never been charged postage during a freepost promo for things listed as in stock when ordered, however soon afterwards I've been notified they're actually out of stock and however many separate packages the order has ultimately been sent out in. This applies equally to Cookson, Suttons, and H. Walsh.

I may not have noticed on the item as I ordered Mark as I was in a hurry to do it before midnight after coming in from a meeting. Once I got to checkout I was given 3 choices, accept the 3 items not in stock to arrive after the 29th and pay postage or cancel them, have them all arrive at the same time and I think the third was cancel. I don't think that I've been charged in the past for things arriving separately but that's what it said would happen now.
I realise it was a wire sale so stocks would go but I'm sure it said 1.5 is a best seller so stock plenty. Belcher chain another best seller and it's not the first time I've ordered a new catalogue item tool to be told they don't have them, so are they never in stock and to order?
The rest of the order arrives by carrier tomorrow and I won't be in so ho hum. Tomorrow is another day!

ssssue
16-03-2016, 11:42 AM
I may not have noticed on the item as I ordered Mark as I was in a hurry to do it before midnight after coming in from a meeting. Once I got to checkout I was given 3 choices, accept the 3 items not in stock to arrive after the 29th and pay postage or cancel them, have them all arrive at the same time and I think the third was cancel. I don't think that I've been charged in the past for things arriving separately but that's what it said would happen now.
I realise it was a wire sale so stocks would go but I'm sure it said 1.5 is a best seller so stock plenty. Belcher chain another best seller and it's not the first time I've ordered a new catalogue item tool to be told they don't have them, so are they never in stock and to order?
The rest of the order arrives by carrier tomorrow and I won't be in so ho hum. Tomorrow is another day!

I ordered some wire on the last day of the sale too. Got my 2mm ok but I'm pretty sure the website said the 1.5mm was out of stock so I didn't bother. I'm lucky that I'm local to JQ so can pop in to get stuff over the counter. Only ever order online with freepost or if I'm desperate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk