PDA

View Full Version : Iso 8653:2016

art925
17-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the above ISO document. I am currently discussing in my MBA the aspect of International Standardisation. Of course within our industry we have many aspects of standardisation (or lack of it); one area I wish to discuss is ring size. The above doc is a revision of the 1986 document, (ISO 8653:1986). ISO are wanting 35.00 Euros for me to download the document, so just before I click purchase button, is there a copy of the doc in circulation?

Many thanks in advance.
Les.

pearlescence
17-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Does your university library not have a copy..or they will be able to order it on interlibrary

Tabby66
27-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Sorry, no Les, I don't have it or access to it. Funnily enough, I was reading something the other day (but cannot remember where.....was just inter web chatter), comparing the variation between different quality ring sticks when measuring the same piece using the same scale!! I've also had problems if someone goes in to a jewellers to have their size measured, reports it to you and then the made piece doesn't fit......human error, ring stick variation, band width.....a multitude!!

I should think this will be an interesting topic for your MBA ;)