PDA

View Full Version : Tutorials

The Dragon
07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
This is not strictly a suggestion for the forum - so please feel free to move it if you think it belongs elsewere.

How about Cooksons running a few basic tutorial videos for people. One suggestion would be on how to condition pmc ready for use - descriptions are good but occasionally video makes for clearer understanding.

What do the rest of you think?

:dontknow:

Emerald
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Annie i was thinking exactly the same today although not in relation to PMC great idea:Y:

EmmaRose
07-09-2009, 08:42 PM
there is obviously a call for it. things like soldering and polishing come up all the time....
Em

Petal
07-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes please, I'd like to see one about how to polish, condition and care for hammers and tools video would be most useful.

Jules x

Lindyloo
07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Excellent idea. :Y:

caroleallen
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
That was a lovely interlude - enjoyed the music as well.

The Dragon
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
That's exactly the type of thing I mean.

You could explain the concept of the melting point to the enth degree, but the video shows exactly how it works so there is less room for misinterpretation and thereby disappointment.

I don't know if I would class myself skilled enough in any one element to produce a video but I guess it depends on how others feel.

You never know those clever souls at cooksons may yet have something planned for 2010.

:)

julie
08-09-2009, 05:25 AM
great idea ... :Y:

Ominicci
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Video tutorials are a good idea :Y: I've been watching Ganoksin's Bench Tube recently.

Don't forget there is already a Cookson's Knowledgebase (link in dark blue border at top of page). Includes a whole lot about Argentium, plus hints and tips, and other articles e.g soldering, barrel polishing etc. I've just found out I don't really need to use Borax powder in a scorifier but can use borax paste from the cone :D