PDA

View Full Version : Event for handmade jewelry sellers (online shops)...

chandru
18-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi!

I was looking for communities of handmade makers and I was referred to this one. I noticed that this is mostly about handmade jewelry (and the craft) .. and I was wondering if you sell on places like Etsy or have your own online shops too?

We're doing a road-trip + event meetups with handmade sellers .. especially Etsy sellers ... the events are free (scheduled for January 2016).. It's a 14-city event.

The event is all about optimizing your shop so you get relevant traffic through the marketplaces themselves and about things like trust factor + brand.

Just to be sure: this is not a promotional event trying to sell a product.. in fact, our app has nothing to do with Etsy SEO so far.. we're into social media but the events are all about Etsy SEO.

A lot of Etsy sellers and online selling experts (former handmade sellers) are joining us.

If you'd like to join / know more about these events, please feel free to check out https://around.io/roadtrip

Please feel free to ping me if you've got questions :)

Thanks!

ps_bond
18-12-2015, 02:05 PM
We're doing a road-trip + event meetups with handmade sellers .. especially Etsy sellers ... the events are free (scheduled for January 2016).. It's a 14-city event.

All in the US, so quite limited really given how few US-based members we have. Bit of a giveaway - we spell jewellery, um, "jewellery".

chandru
18-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Hey Peter

Thanks for the heads-up. Also, thanks for checking about the event.. I get your point. I'd be glad if the few U.S members here are able to make it to any of the events.

@ "jewellery": haha.. my bad... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to hide the U.S part of it.. just assumed there'd be a lot of U.S members here.. *reminds myself not to assume things arbitrarily*.

Thanks again, Peter :)

Aurarius
18-12-2015, 02:46 PM
Bit of a giveaway - we spell jewellery, um, "jewellery".

Being a speaker of Br. English I used to as well, until I started to make the stuff and use the word a lot in writing. Tagging the letters "ry" on to the word "jewel" suddenly struck me as quite neat. I'm letting the side down, I know.

ps_bond
18-12-2015, 02:54 PM
It's terribly logical and we want no truck with that sort of thing :)

ajda
18-12-2015, 03:06 PM
we want no truck with that sort of thing :)

Surely you mean "lorry"?

Fortunately Google is bilingual, so you can use either jewelry or jewellery for a search.

Alan

ps_bond
18-12-2015, 03:30 PM
I had to go and look things up on that - turns out "truck" as I was using it seems to be from the French "troquer", to barter - presumably from the Latin trocare.
Truck as in vehicle seems to be from trochus, or iron hoop.

pearlescence
18-12-2015, 03:34 PM
I can at least pass this on to a good friend in the states who makes and etsies

ajda
18-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I had to go and look things up on that - turns out "truck" as I was using it seems to be from the French "troquer", to barter - presumably from the Latin trocare.
Truck as in vehicle seems to be from trochus, or iron hoop.

No need for truculence... (Latin trux)

ps_bond
18-12-2015, 05:42 PM
And nothing to do with truckle (trochlea).

chandru
19-12-2015, 04:47 AM
I can at least pass this on to a good friend in the states who makes and etsies

Thank you very much! :)

chandru
19-12-2015, 04:48 AM
Being a speaker of Br. English I used to as well, until I started to make the stuff and use the word a lot in writing. Tagging the letters "ry" on to the word "jewel" suddenly struck me as quite neat. I'm letting the side down, I know.

Haha! "Quite neat" is what it is.