PDA

View Full Version : polishing / extraction / dust

trialuser
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Does anyone use the type of polishing machine with built in extraction into filters in the machine.
I would like to know if it's ok to use it in the general workshop area, or do they still produce an unacceptable amount of dust?
I have been using a motor clamped to a bench in a shed with no extraction and everything in the shed takes on a red hue.
I have just ordered a durston polisher with built in extraction (as reviewed recently by Andrew Berry) and would ideally like to have it in the main shedio, will I go pink?
Incidentally, I wanted to buy from cookson and phoned to ask if they would supply the double ended machine as they only advertise the single one - they weren't interested.
I had to buy from that place we don't like using but is fine as long as there are no problems.
Thanks

CJ57
03-11-2015, 05:38 PM
I have a dustmaster with built in extraction and to be honest there is still dust but not nearly as bad as before. I don't use rouge as often as everyone had moved on to Luxi and by the time I got to that they'd moved to menzerna, that of course will make a difference. I hoover the filters and the machine after a big polish to try and maintain the extraction. I also think there is a dust fairy as even if I haven't used the polisher in weeks there is still a layer in the workshop!
I would love to get a smaller polishing unit but looking at the cost of mine now it will stay as long as it's going

trialuser
03-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Thanks, I will investigate the new fangled polishes.

CJ57
03-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Thanks, I will investigate the new fangled polishes.

I still prefer the old ones but they are much dirtier!

ShinyLauren
04-11-2015, 12:37 PM
One of these is definitely on my list. I just have the polishing motor bolted to a bench in the room I work, and there is soooooo much dust!

I'll have a look at that Durston one.

Lucie
09-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Picking up on this thread slightly late, but has anyone ever used a Foredom Dust Extraction Unit?
The description says the filter hood offers strong suction power for removing particles of hazardous dust, but I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere?

How are you getting along with your Durston? It looks great! :)