PDA

View Full Version : Pavetron Hammer Tip

emsterv
30-10-2015, 05:41 PM
I came upon this tip while browsing for another tool. Does anyone have experience using one of these or an example what the finish looks like? Asking more out of curiosity than anything else as I couldn't find any examples online. Seems like it wouldn't deliver all it promises:
"Pavetron Diamond Tip The diamond tipped point is used as a texturing tool for precious metals. Has a tiny diamond mounted with the point out for making brite-cut stipple effect on gold, silver or other soft non-ferrous metals. gives you the "Pavé" finish with minimum effort and no learning time required. Hammer action of this diamond tipped tool adds a luxurious texture and sparkle to gold and silver jewelry. Fits all hammer handpieces. Diamond cutting head gives the perfect cut."

Goldsmith
30-10-2015, 06:06 PM
I use standard hammerhead steel screw tips that I alter to suit what textures I want, I have never seen the need to have a diamond tipped one though. If you just want to texture or set stones then the steel tips are OK.

This is my Faro hammerhead and tips along with some texture examples.

James

ps_bond
30-10-2015, 07:08 PM
I made a similar one from a cheap diamond set pavilion out in a hammer tip. They're OK, they give an interesting faceted texture BUT the texture dulls quickly in silver and is a pain to clean (and you'll never get the shine back).