PDA

View Full Version : hello from Israel!

Elinor
10-10-2015, 11:59 AM
hi!
my name's Elinor, I am 21 and on the road to become a jeweler.
currently I am taking a weekly course here in Israel however next year I'm planning on undertaking a trip around Europe and in each country I'm in I will take a different jewelry making course, i want to study different techniques, cultures, and meet as much new people as possible.

so if anyone here know about a course i should check out or have suggestions to where i should go i would love to hear. :)

CJ57
10-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Hi Elinor
That seems a really exciting way to learn the trade. There are many people on here who will point you in the direction of courses in the UK. Good luck with your travels

mizgeorge
10-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Welcome Elinor - I have a 12 year old with the same name, and the same (correct!) spelling! Do show us what you've made so far and good luck with your travels :)

Dennis
10-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Welcome, Elinor. Dennis.

TeeDee
10-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Hello Elinor and welcome.
If you are visiting London and want to know a bit more about precious metals and their sale in the UK you would do well to book up on an information day at the London Assay office.
http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/welcome-to-the-assay-office/valuation-expert-services/expert-services/hallmarking-information-days/
Be sure also to visit the jewellery section in the Victoria and Albert museum (free admission). There are also other sections in the museum covering precious metal articles from other countries such as Burma.
As far as courses are concerned they are many and varied and cost from a few pounds to many hundreds. Just use the internet to find out where and when.
London (Hatton Garden) and Birmingham are two of the best know areas for the jewellery trade.
If you are interested in good old fashioned silversmithing then visit Harts silversmiths at Chipping Campden.
http://www.hartsilversmiths.co.uk/html/home.html
They make a lot of large items including ecclesiastical work as well as jewellery items. Stepping into their workshop is like taking a step back in time

Do let us know how your trip goes.
Tim

Elinor
18-10-2015, 09:43 PM
thank you all so much!

sorry for the late reply but I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me.

Tim thanks I wrote those down and I'll definitely check them out!

George, per your request I've added some photos of thing I made hope you will like them :)

these are my first projects in my silversmith course: