PDA

View Full Version : A walk in the countryside - plus wasps & cattle

Petal
06-09-2009, 01:20 PM
My OH and I went for a walk to the highest point in Shropshire, Brown Clee Hill. It was a spectular view and wonderful walk, except for two things... one was some very unpredictable cattle, so a change of direction became a necessity and the 2nd was I got stung on my head by a !!xx! wasp! I don't get a good reaction to wasps and have woken up today feeling like I've had a 'session' with Frank Bruno, with pains all down the left side of my head and neck =:-O Its the only time my OH said he's glad he's got less hair now than he used to, cos at least he won't get a wasp stuck in his hair, like I regularly do.

We met a nice couple living on the route back to the car & they gave us a lovely cup of tea and dropped us off at our car, cos I was feeling a bit worse for wear by that time. Ahhh, there are such kind freindly hospitable people out there arn't there!

Jules x

AlexandraBuckle
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh no! Horrid wasp! :flowers:

Hope you feel better soon!

mizgeorge
06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
You poor thing Jules :( Hope it eases up quickly.

What is the point of wasps?

kymbi
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
ouch Jules - you have my sympathy as I tend to react to wasp stings in a swollen and painful way as well. The little b******s are a bit vicious at this time of year!! I hope you can find some relief from them today and they start to go down [-o<

caroleallen
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Poor you. Hope you're feeling better today.

Di Sandland
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Ooh, hope you're feeling much better.

Many years ago (the M1 had just opened, that's how long ago!) I was in the car with my dad and a wasp got caught in my (very thick) hair. Motorway driving was a new art and my dad was scared to take his eyes from the road and the hard shoulder wouldn't have entered his head. It must have stung me at least a dozen times - the left side of my face dropped and it was very scary.

Luckily, I am not overly sensitive (to wasp stings at least).

amazingbabe
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM
You also have my sympathy, i got stung on the neck 2wks ago and i still have a mark (nasty buggers) xx:'(

Petal
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
A quick post here, as dinner is already on the go - Aw thanks guys, it was really a post to say why I haden't been around much... I do feel a bit better now and at least the lump on my neck has gone down! Probably wont colour m y hair for a few days, in case that irritates the bite! ha ha

One of my OH's previous customers had an allergy to bees and had to go in the garden with the full bee suit on, otherwise they'd be dead ! how bad is that, and they loved their garden too. such a shame. I feel lucky not to have a really bad reaction, though the offending wasp is definitely dead, squished by my OH!

Love
Jules x

Solunar Silver Studio
06-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Poor Jules. []I got stung when I was out playing as a little girl but I didn't know what it was -and no one knew what was wrong with me because they couldn't see any marks through my hair. It's one of those traumatic moments that I have never forgotten and I can still remember the pain.:'(

We are so quick to think that everybody 'out there' is out to get us or do us wrong somehow so it is lovely to hear that you found some really nice people to help you.

Hope you feel better soon! .....Perhaps I had better not sign off as 'Bee' this time!!:D

bustagasket
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
lmao Jay. sorry to hear about your sting Jules. My onlybad experience was when a wasp dared to climb down my cleavage in an exam, i didnt realise it was a wasp and thought i had an itch but when i scratched it the bloody thing stung me in a kind of line going right between me boobs, and i couldnt say a word :(

agent_44
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Ouch, the walk sounds lovely but the wasp, not so much. Hope you feel better soon!

I was stung on the tongue by a wasp as a child and nearly suffocated to death, rushed home on my pushbike and mum made me swill TCP around my mouth which did alleviate the swelling. I remember sitting crying on the sofa with the end of a spoon pressed down firmly on my swolen tongue so that I could breathe.

It could only happen to me couldn't it.

See even wasps know I have a huge gob that never shuts! :rofl:

My goodness! That must have been traumatic, glad it didn't 'get you' :)

geti-titanium
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Did you momentarily have a 3rd boob Suzie?

This is like a red rag to a bull, but I'm resisting![:-)

geti-titanium
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Are you fantasising about Lily Allen?

No time for fantasies - work to be done! :^o

EmmaRose
07-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Hope you feel better soon! Do carry some anti-histamine (more you get stung more you will become sensitive!). My Dad was becoming more sensitive- he got stung on his hand and it swelled up so much it looked like a pink rubber glove. The coup de grace was having to have a painful injection in the posterior!
Is it me or are there ALOT of wasps this year :'(
Em

Emerald
07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear that Jules hope you are feeling better, i am terrified my daughter will get stung she has so many allargies already although we carry an epipen and anti histamine whever we go already as one of them is Nuts=:-O

Petal
08-09-2009, 07:45 AM
We went for a walk last night, which was lovely. :D

I tied my hair up this time! :-D

bzzzzzzzzzzzzz squish
Jules x