PDA

View Full Version : Second-hand / Used equipment

Nick martin
20-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Good morning everyone,

Like most of us I'm sure, and specifically myself as I'm on a continuous learning curve where jewellery making is concerned, I'm keen on purchasing new tools and equipment as my skills progress and as I start venturing into other areas.

The classifieds section on our forum is a good resource I know, but theres not an awful lot of activity on it, so my question is can anyone reccommend a good site for picking up used tools and equipment please? ( And yes.. I know theres Ebay but I dont like it ).

Looking for items such as Durston products, ultra-sonics, engraving equipment, and lots of other items.

I'll happily pay retail prices for equipment if need be, but I try to avoid the sickly feeling of paying top dollar one day only to find out you could have saved £££'s the next day if possible!

Thanks,

Nick

ps_bond
20-09-2015, 07:29 AM
Watching Benchpeg's classifieds is a not-bad resource - part of the problem with your list is that much of the kit comes up for sale rarely anyway. Ebay's saved searches can be useful if you can get the search terms right - searching for gravers frequently returns Susan Graver blouses & the likes, so tailoring accordingly is needed.

You could also try posting a wanted list in the classifieds?

Nick martin
20-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Didn't know about the Benchpeg site Peter so I'll bookmark that one, and yes as you say.. Ebay needs careful and specific filtering.

Cheers,

Nick

Goldsmith
20-09-2015, 10:57 AM
It may be worth joining this FB group Nick; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602594710008619/members/