PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Milton Keynes

lolly3fh
15-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Hi, I have been working with fine silver for about 18 months. Mainly clay, but have tried my hand at fusing wire and sheet. I have managed to make lovely plain bands this way, but prefer the freedom of clay.

I'm now trying out bronze clay as it's more cost effective for playing and creating!

Audrey
18-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Hullo Milton,
Welcome to the forum. I've been wanting to try out some of the silver PMC clay to experiment but it feels like that requires a whole new set of tools .. The list never ends!
Audrey

rockshelley
18-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Welcome Milton...I am brand new to the forum as well! I would love to see some of your work...I have not had a chance to work with fine silver myself...just sterling. I am interested to know the difference in workability between the 2.

Rock Shelley
www.rockshelley.com

BarryM
19-09-2015, 07:42 AM
I think you will find Milton Keynes is where the poster comes from (a town in England) not his/her name.

ajda
19-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Maybe we could all just be known by our home town/city/village from now on... For me it's the first line of Moby Dick (but sainted).
Welcome to Milton - or perhaps you'd prefer Keynes? - would love to see some of your work.

ps_bond
19-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Close by is the little hamlet of John Maynard Keynes, populated almost entirely by people who run up debt they can't afford. :D

Dennis
19-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Unusual degree of levity from the super moderator. I hope at least you are keeping a straight face. Dennis.

CJ57
19-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Maybe we could all just be known by our home town/city/village from now on... For me it's the first line of Moby Dick (but sainted).
Welcome to Milton - or perhaps you'd prefer Keynes? - would love to see some of your work.

I would challenge everyone to be able to pronounce Auchtermuchty properly in that case :)

ps_bond
19-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I see your Auchtermuchty and raise you one Milngavie.
The English (ish) language is a sod...

CJ57
19-09-2015, 12:32 PM
I see your Auchtermuchty and raise you one Milngavie.
The English (ish) language is a sod...

That's easy for me :) Is that where you were born, that's very posh and has to be said with a certain Morningside / Kelvingrove accent

metalsmith
19-09-2015, 07:35 PM
I would challenge everyone to be able to pronounce Auchtermuchty properly in that case :)

Thought Scottish was supposte to be phonetic ...

why isn't phonetic fonetic?:-O

Welcome soon to be known as Milton

CJ57
19-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Thought Scottish was supposte to be phonetic ...

why isn't phonetic fonetic?:-O

Welcome soon to be known as Milton

Who told you that, think they were pulling your leg :) The ch has its own indiosyncracy and you'd need to ask Peter about Milngavie. I'll let him explain that one!

metalsmith
21-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Who told you that, think they were pulling your leg :)

:offtopic:
umm ... the 'good Doctor' - the guy I was supposed to be going to Scotland with ...

un/luckily the forecast was typical so we deviated to the Lake district and got as much in as we could before the weather hit - oh and Skiddaw after ...:snow:

I lived with a Jock for 3 years ... never did understand what he said so certainly never asked him to write it down - however it turns out I was right when I said he always talked out of his Erse (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_language):rofl:

taxi for metalsmith ...

CJ57
21-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Ah well never believe everything you are told especially in relation to Scotland :)