PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

JJ Ellis
12-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Hi there! My name is Jonathan Ellis and I've just come back from a year spent in America. While I was there I had the chance to learn the basics of silver fabrication from a jeweller local to the area I was in.

Sadly now I no longer have access to the tools and space that was previously available to me so my forays into metal working will have to be put on hold until I can buy my own tools or gain access to another workshop.

Still I want to try and be in the community so I thought I might join these forums and see where it takes me.

CJ57
12-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum. It's sad that your interest has been curtailed for now, hopefully this will keep you ticking along until you get back into it!

Dennis
12-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Hi JJ and welcome to the forum. You don't need much space, so how about setting up at home. Then show us in Show&Tell. Dennis.

Patstone
12-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Hi from me too. Both my daughter and I have workshops in our spare bedrooms.

JJ Ellis
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
So I'm heading back to university this year to get a Masters, so I won't have a spare room to turn into a workshop, or the money to get the tools I need. I do have some wore tools that I might play with this year but that's about it.