PDA

View Full Version : Peacock Blue Pearls

Charlotte
05-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Random question time, anyone know where I can get some good Peacock blue pearls. Cooksons don't really have many and they are already made into jewellery anyway. I've been on google a while and I just don't know which sites are trustworthy. My granny wants a blue pearl necklace and I said I would happily make it... but I can't find any now I'm looking#-o

bustagasket
05-09-2009, 06:24 PM
peacock blue ones would be lovely but i am afraid i cant offer and information on where to find any tho - be sure to show us them when you do find them tho please :D

caroleallen
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Kernowcraft have them.

mizgeorge
05-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I've had some very nice (and extremely good value) pearls, including coloured ones from Sandstones:

http://www.sand-stones.co.uk

Excellent service too.

kymbi
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I like sandstones as well and I've had some beautiful pearls from them.

Emerald
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
you could try [url]www.thepearlgirl.co.uk but i think she has a £50.00 min but she does other beads aswell as pearls and somtimes has some great offers.

amazingbabe
05-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I get some really nice peacock blue pearls from beadaholique.com excellent quality xx

Ominicci
07-09-2009, 09:06 AM
You could also try the looking at the new swarovski pearls range?

EmmaRose
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I love pearls (especially peacock ones!). Bought some at IJL but it was a german company, di perle...
Em

pearlescence
27-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Any blue pearls will be dyed. For peacock blues you might need to look for black peacocks which are in fact blue (they can also be greenish or aubergine-ish) Any pearls which are black black are overprocessed and horrible to behold.
For freshwater pearls do you mean peacock as in lots of colour variations on the strand? True peacock pearls show different colours in each pearl - so that a true peacock Tahitian for example will have a green main colour with a circle of aubergine. Rare and expensive (I know because I just tracked down the pearls for a client at the Hong Kong show and many Tahitian suppliers just sucked their teeth like plumbers when asked for peacocks)