PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn

pauly
24-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone, looking for a bit of information. I currently run an online jewellery retailer but I am looking to train potentially as a jeweller. Could anyone give me some advice as to where to start? I live in Birmingham if that makes any difference.

Cheers Paul

Wallace
24-07-2015, 07:15 PM
hi Paul,

Brum has a great load of courses to access - here is a link to get you started.

http://www.schoolofjewellery.co.uk/apply

Tabby66
24-07-2015, 08:19 PM
There are a number of options around and about the Birmingham area, what are you looking for Paul?

caroleallen
24-07-2015, 09:00 PM
There's also Andrew Berry's online courses at Atthebench.

pauly
24-07-2015, 09:38 PM
I would really like to learn goldsmithing and gem setting. I deal in gemstone jewellery and would like to at some point in the future be able to produce the pieces I can't source.

I have looked at doing the doing the HND/Degree route but time and money are stumbling blocks.

Tabby66
25-07-2015, 09:40 PM
It's certainly worth a look at http://www.inthestudio.co.uk, various courses there, very well organised and excellent tutors :)

pauly
29-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Thank you for the link Jill, I have had a look at them and they are definitely one to consider. Has anyone done any of the year long courses at the birmingham jewellery school?

Bablibinjola
31-07-2015, 11:02 AM
It is a great opportunity that you want to grab, being professional is the art toward succeeding in any field. If you want to be better than, join online courses which are not only cheap, but more informative & based on practical application of concepts. Many Jewellery Designing Institutes and Jewellers are providing this facility.

diamondfoster
15-08-2016, 02:00 PM
There's also Andrew Berry's online courses at Atthebench.

oh wow....online courses are exactly what I'm looking for you
thank you

enigma
15-08-2016, 03:41 PM
If you have the option I would go for a mix of online and hands on- you can't beat hands on instruction for a lot of things especially stone setting.