PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasonic cleaners

theismaluns
24-07-2015, 08:52 AM
Would anybody know why the ultrasonic cleaner Would leave these marks on my PMC3 pieces? It is a criss cross effect. We just used rouge then put into machine hanging on their own in proper ultrasonic solution. Not scratches, these marks do come off using the lathe? Thankyou!79597960

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trialuser
24-07-2015, 09:01 AM
It's a bithardto tell from the photo, but if they are in contact with the wire basket they may be getting a burnishing on the contact area as they vibrate?

caroleallen
24-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Yes probably the wire rubbing against the piece. I never use the wire basket.

Goldsmith
24-07-2015, 10:40 AM
I hang pieces on wires hooked over a length of square wooden rod that sits across the top of my ultrasonic so that they hang in the middle of the liquid and don't touch anything when being cleaned.

James

edward soye
25-07-2015, 05:49 AM
Silver does that in the sonic sometimes. It is from the cavitation and you need to redo the polish and don't sonic as long. I don't know exactly why it happens and it doesn't happen every time. We do batches of silver grad rings and if we get distracted then we end up re polishing the batch.

theismaluns
26-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Thankyou all, we know it definitely is not that the pieces are touching each other or anything else for that matter. Will give it another run this week and see how we go. Thankyou !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk