PDA

View Full Version : New here

rmattson
14-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Hey all. I've come hoping to find some answers on a project I'm working on.

My background: In high school I did some ring fabrication (silver) and lost wax castings. Nearly 15 years later I purchased a lathe for my home shop (mostly automotive work). A friend of mine makes high end bicycle components and he sent me some titanium rod scraps saying I should make some rings out of them. A few years later and I've made 50 or so rings, mostly with crushed stone inlays. If you want to see them you can find my gallery on facebook by searching for "juszisguy" (also some photography).

I'm an IT professional by day and I run a business at night that specializes in automotive tools for Subaru's.

Thanks for the forum!

Dennis
14-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt. I look forward to your input. Don't do Facebook, so will have to wait until you can post on here. Dennis.

rmattson
14-07-2015, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt. I look forward to your input. Don't do Facebook, so will have to wait until you can post on here. Dennis.

I should have included my name. I'm Ryan.

The Facebook page is public. No account required for viewing.

ajda
14-07-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm also allergic to facebook, so look forward to seeing some pics here instead! I've not been active long on this forum but am finding it a great source of info and inspiration.

ajda
14-07-2015, 04:37 PM
My message crossed with yours - I'll brave the public face of facebook to see what I can see...

ajda
14-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Beautiful - I'll be going back for another look... I assume "juszisguy" is quoting Gag Halfrunt?

rmattson
14-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Beautiful - I'll be going back for another look...

Thank you.

I assume "juszisguy" is quoting Gag Halfrunt?

You got it.

CJ57
14-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum, off to check out FB :)

Love the crushed glass, maybe you'll share the technique some day!

Sammyjean
14-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Hi there Ryan,
Welcome!
Sam.
Your rings look really smart, and I like your photos, you're dedicated to get up at dawn for a good shot!

Tabby66
14-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Just had a peek on Facebook. They're stunning rings, love the idea!!

Welcome btw ;)