PDA

View Full Version : two colours gold ring

Wallace
12-07-2015, 04:27 PM
this is my second gold commission, and this one is at full rate, rather than a friends rate! It is set with aquamarines and diamonds between 1.9mm -2.00mm

this was originally going to be using the customers own yellow ring, but we discussed the hallmarking loss on it and due to the sentimental value, decided to go with a 'replica'

the design request is a thumb ring to include three rings, three stones in aquamarine and in diamond, and heart shaped vine/ivy

I did really enjoy working with white gold. Melting a scrap ring and some wire to make a small sheet to cut out the 'leaves' was a great experience. Soldering was done with lots of blanking off. One white mount didn't fully take, or cope with the polishing stages - so a trip back to the soldering bench, half a bottle of tippex (little exaggeration!), as I was getting in a mess with rouge; and it was done. Off for it's hallmark tomorrow. Very excited. Customer is very happy.

this is on my FB page, but wanted to share here too.

so here it is in a collage

susieq
12-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Wow! Beautiful beautiful work Wallace.

Kathryn Harrison
12-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Nice! I I like the way the tree bands have space really compliments the rest of the design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Wallace
12-07-2015, 06:30 PM
Wow! Beautiful beautiful work Wallace. thank you Susieq :)

Nice! I I like the way the tree bands have space really compliments the rest of the design.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk thank you Ryn - magic of superglue and binding wire! lol :)

Sammyjean
12-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Your work always looks top class to me!! This ring is really very pretty and I can see how much work there is in it.
Sam.

caroleallen
12-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Lovely work Wallace.

Dennis
12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
The Dragon wasn't sleeping on this one, she really came up with the goods. Fine piece of work. Dennis.

Wallace
12-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Your work always looks top class to me!! This ring is really very pretty and I can see how much work there is in it.
Sam. Thank you Sam - many hours indeed. It was lovely and exciting to see it come together.

Lovely work Wallace. thank you Carole x :)

The Dragon wasn't sleeping on this one, she really came up with the goods. Fine piece of work. Dennis. Aye, she is a canny Dragon ;) Thank you for the compliment Dennis :)

Tabby66
12-07-2015, 10:53 PM
Saw this on Facebook.....liked it then and really like it now!! Great work Wallace :)

ajda
13-07-2015, 05:58 AM
Very excited. Customer is very happy.
I'm not surprised - that's a really stunning piece of work! It's a pity you can only post a picture and not pass it round hand to hand. I bet it's as good to touch and hold as it is to look at - I can imagine the wearer forever fiddling with it! Am I allowed to ask what carat golds you have used? Presumably one would always use the same carat when combining different colours?
Alan

pearlescence
13-07-2015, 06:53 AM
great craftsmanship there Wallace. It's a lovely piece

vernon
13-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Wow superb. I have no designs so brilliant! Fab

Petal
13-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Beautiful Wallace and I love the colour of the silver and gold together.

mizgeorge
13-07-2015, 10:07 AM
Fab. Just fab in every way. You're very clever you know...

Wallace
13-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Saw this on Facebook.....liked it then and really like it now!! Great work Wallace :) Thank you Jill - really appreciated. I am so happy with it, so much gold to have played with!

I'm not surprised - that's a really stunning piece of work! It's a pity you can only post a picture and not pass it round hand to hand. I bet it's as good to touch and hold as it is to look at - I can imagine the wearer forever fiddling with it! Am I allowed to ask what carat golds you have used? Presumably one would always use the same carat when combining different colours?
Alan Thank you Alan. It is the same carat, for purposes of cost to the customer. I would imagine it would be more difficult with different carats as the higher the carat the softer the metal, although very lovely too. On this occasion the metal is 9carats in white and yellow. Must say, I am impressed with how white the gold is these days. It is not plated and that won't happen under my watch! lol

Wallace
13-07-2015, 01:37 PM
great craftsmanship there Wallace. It's a lovely piece Thank you Wendy - much appreciated.

Wow superb. I have no designs so brilliant! Fab Thank you very much Vernon :)

Beautiful Wallace and I love the colour of the silver and gold together. Thank you Jules - the white gold and silver gold is a great mix, I might have to used it again for another design :)

Fab. Just fab in every way. You're very clever you know... awww, G, you are so lovely, thank you xx

theresa
13-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Wallace. I'm not surprised the customer was pleased.

BarbL
13-07-2015, 04:46 PM
This would make a beautiful wedding band! I love the mixed colors and aquamarines.

Wallace
13-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Wallace. I'm not surprised the customer was pleased. thank you Theresa :)

This would make a beautiful wedding band! I love the mixed colors and aquamarines. thank you very much BarbL - it is based around a wedding ring, hence the d-shaped wires and is for an anniversary - so, close. Customer has been totally amazing. It has been a joy. No quibbles about cost, time, or design. It was all just perfect.

ShinyLauren
13-07-2015, 10:19 PM
That's just gorgeous Wallace!

joella
14-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Beautiful. I'm very taken with this, I've now looked at your sleeping dragon website (now that I understand Dennis' comment - I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake!), and your facebook page too - love your designs, and particularly this ring.
Sue.

Wallace
14-07-2015, 03:38 PM
That's just gorgeous Wallace! Thank you very much Lauren :D x

Beautiful. I'm very taken with this, I've now looked at your sleeping dragon website (now that I understand Dennis' comment - I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake!), and your facebook page too - love your designs, and particularly this ring.
Sue. Thank you Sue, yes, I keep my product name a low profile, not sure why! lol Appreciate your feedback. Web site is mostly a product catalogue of things I have done - it needs updating! lol

enigma
16-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Oh that is really gorgeous! sooooo pretty and beautifully crafted!
What did you use for blanking off? I assume you mean so you could solder next to previous solder joints?

lolabead
16-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Stunningly beautiful!

Wallace
16-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Oh that is really gorgeous! sooooo pretty and beautifully crafted!
What did you use for blanking off? I assume you mean so you could solder next to previous solder joints? Thank you Sarah. I started of with rouge, but was getting everything red, so went with the tippex. I have a small extraction unit to goes on when soldering, and large open windows when using anything that will be toxic when heating. Yup, blanked off so I can carry on adding more things as I went around the ring. Not sure if what I did was technically the way to do it, but I got there in the end.

Stunningly beautiful! Thank you very much. :)

enigma
17-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Thanks Wallace :Y:

Wallace
17-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks Wallace :Y:

Hope you made sense of my iPad's version of what I was trying to write! Should have been 'off' not 'of', and 'that goes on when' rather that 'to goes on when'.

I really should reread after using it! But then where would the fun be! Lol

enigma
17-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Haha! worst thing is when you read through an email after you already pressed send LOL

jeannette.copeland
14-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Soooo pretty!

Wallace
15-08-2015, 11:35 AM
Soooo pretty!
Thank you very much.