PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Boston, MA

kraftrourke
26-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Adam. I am very new to jewelry making, about 6 months or so.

Music and recording is my passion. Unfortunately, late last year I had trauma to my hearing and now have hyperacusis. Normal volume sounds can be uncomfortable or even excruciatingly painful to me. I might not be able to continue with music and audio as my career. At the very least, I need to take a break from it.

My mother was making silver jewelry for quite some time but not lately. I decided to use her abandoned studio to make a ring to give my girlfriend for a Christmas. I loved it! Since then I have made 20 or so rings and some earrings in my free time. Once I finish all my prior commitments I hope to have much more time to focus on creating and learning. I find it so rewarding to go from idea to completion in such little time compared to recording bands!

I am creative visually as well as musically - I almost went to art school instead of music 20 years ago. I can already tell what resonates with me stylistically but I lack the skills and experience to get anywhere near it. I know that right now I just need to get a handle on the basics.

My plan for the near future is to learn, make as much as I can, and then take some classes. I found a place very close to me that offers courses and clinics. I'm excited to have found this forum. I will be lurking here and will have questions if I can't find obvious answers on the interwebs.

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having me!

Aloha,
Adam

CJ57
26-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Adam, look forward to joining you on your new journey. It's good you have a plan

Tabby66
26-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Welcome Adam!! Good to have you on board!! Ask away and hopefully we can help and practice practice practice!!!!