PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had problems with Bosch/Dremel?

Londoner2015
22-06-2015, 12:37 PM
I bought the Dremel Micro motor 8050 from Cookson in December. So far it has stopped working twice, and finally gave up 2 weeks ago. I've since been trying to get a replacement, but Cookson told me to go direct to Bosch. They are useless. I still don't have a replacement. I cancelled everything to stay in and wait for the replacement on Friday - nothing came. I called, they told me there had been an admin error. Various promises by members of Bosch to call back didn't happen, and when i checked on Friday, they'd all gone home early.
Is this normal? Anyone know the best way round trying to get a new tool replaced? Thanks. I'm getting desperate now :help:

Dennis
22-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Well actually the responsibility is with the seller, so hold your ground and speak to a more senior person. Dennis.

Londoner2015
22-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Thanks Dennis. They're now replacing it with a superior model, but the micro rotary tool is on it's way out. Apparently a problem with that particular tool. They haven't told Cookson yet, as it's still for sale. Glad they're finally sorting it.

22-06-2015, 05:54 PM
I love my Dremel I'm using since years. Have had not one problem with it. I would always but Dremel again

Londoner2015
02-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Yes, i just think there's a problem with this new model. I guess it happens to every manufacturer now and again. They have now replaced it with a better drill :0)

Rob Taylor
03-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Well actually the responsibility is with the seller, so hold your ground and speak to a more senior person. Dennis.

Hi
Just for clarity, the responsibility for the product remains with Cookson under the Sale of Goods act, we have subcontracted the after sales in this case back to the manufacturer, Bosch. That doesn't mean we've abdicated our responsibilities however; if an issue is unresolved we will get involved both from a legal perspective and because it's the right thing to do.
I'm glad it's now being sorted
rgds
Rob