PDA

View Full Version : The Theme Competition-Out of Sight Out of Mind.

Dennis
10-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Last week I wrote the following to Jemima. As I have not had a reply, it is possible that she is no longer in charge of this, so I am posting it here in the hope that someone at Cooksons will pick it up:

I have been sorry to see so few entries to the recent monthly theme competitions, so much so that I put in an early entry myself, in the hope of encouraging others.

As you see, when viewing ‘posts from the last two days’, this has quickly slipped down and will soon be out of sight and out of mind. Is there some way of fixing this thread in a prominent position at the top of the page, to act as a regular reminder?

As a fan and contributor to the forum for some years, I would hate to see the competition discontinued for lack of interest.

Kind regards, Dennis.

caroleallen
10-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Good point Dennis

CJ57
10-06-2015, 04:17 PM
That's doesn't seem to be the only post that has quickly disappeared recently Dennis from a good dozen posts yesterday morning there were 2 last night. Someone is obviously in spring clean mode! There is a facility on other forums for fixing a post to the top though

ps_bond
10-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes, they can be made a sticky - but I don't think there's a way of pinning it to the top of the activity stream.
As far as removing posts goes I only did one this morning (and the spammer it came with)...?

Wallace
10-06-2015, 06:20 PM
agree with everything - have recently finished something I will pop in as an entry, but only to boost the ranks.

Sammyjean
10-06-2015, 08:30 PM
I have been meaning to for a while and been too shy.. but now i am working on 'Summer'.. will be my first go. Now I have said this I have to do it right?!

Tabby66
10-06-2015, 08:51 PM
That's right Sammy.....go for it!!

Wallace
10-06-2015, 08:53 PM
I have been meaning to for a while and been too shy.. but now i am working on 'Summer'.. will be my first go. Now I have said this I have to do it right?!

doeeet! ;)

CJ57
10-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes, they can be made a sticky - but I don't think there's a way of pinning it to the top of the activity stream.
As far as removing posts goes I only did one this morning (and the spammer it came with)...?

It may just be the tablet Peter but when I popped in last night there were only 2 posts on show.

Kathryn Harrison
16-06-2015, 06:01 AM
I rarely have something that fits the theme but I like seeing others entries.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wallace
16-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I rarely have something that fits the theme but I like seeing others entries.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You can enter something you created from some time ago, that has been done in many comps.

Ann Marie Robinson
16-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

Many thanks on your feedback regarding the Themed Competitions. Just so you are all aware, the thread is already a sticky thread in the theme competitions area.

We are also looking at seeing if we can move the competitions thread further up the forum discussions section, so it is one of the first categories you see when you access the forum.

We will also make regular posts to boost the competition and to ensure it appears regularly in the 'What's New' section.

We do welcome any ideas on how we can improve the themed competitions, so please feel free to send over any suggestions.

Kind Regards

Ann Marie
Cooksongold.

Wallace
16-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

Many thanks on your feedback regarding the Themed Competitions. Just so you are all aware, the thread is already a sticky thread in the theme competitions area.

We are also looking at seeing if we can move the competitions thread further up the forum discussions section, so it is one of the first categories you see when you access the forum.

We will also make regular posts to boost the competition and to ensure it appears regularly in the 'What's New' section.

We do welcome any ideas on how we can improve the themed competitions, so please feel free to send over any suggestions.

Kind Regards

Ann Marie
Cooksongold.

Great to know, thank you. Already, it has disappeared on the daily feed. Is there someway to help it stay on the feeder list? When you see 'today's posts' it would be good that it sticks there. In sight, in-mind.