PDA

View Full Version : Been nosey!

Toadiebob
06-06-2015, 08:09 PM
I thought it was about time that I introduced myself properly, rather than spending all of my time reading threads and soaking in the expertise of everyone (although I did enjoy feeling naughty for a while!). I am more commonly known as Rae but my mouthy African Grey (Toad) who then named herself as Toadiebob gave me the idea for my Forum name. She loves SpongeBob! I live in sunny Gloucestershire, well sunny at the moment, with 3 dogs (with another in the pipeline), 2 parrots and my better half.

I have had a little tuition jewellery wise but haven't had the opportunity to put things to practice for more years than I care to remember! A friend heard that I had done some silver work so asked if I could make a couple of pieces for her wedding so me being me said yes! Luckily my parents were having their kitchen work tops replaced so I nabbed the big pine piece and plonked it in the attachment to our house the Estate Agents called a conservatory and I'm hooked.............again!

Anyway, enough prattle, hello all and thank you for having me.

Rae

Tabby66
06-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Welcome Rae, good to hear from you and to have you participating!! :)

mizgeorge
06-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi Rae, and welcome properly :)

My bit of Gloucestershire's also sunny, but with a horrid cold wind.

Toadiebob
06-06-2015, 09:44 PM
Bit draughty here too but I am as much at the top of a hill as I can be between 2 rivers!

CJ57
06-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Hi from me too Rae, interesting to see that your BH comes after the dogs and the parrots :)

Wallace
07-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Hi and Welcome Rae,

I am in a dip in Wilshire, so occasionally get rain one minute, snow the next and then sunshine for the rest old the day!

Looking forward to future posts.

Toadiebob
07-06-2015, 07:09 PM
Thank you for having me all! Caroline, I have to get my priorities right, low maintenance always comes first. Makes life so much easier!!

Rae

Sammyjean
08-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi Rae!
Welcome from me too! I am in Dorset, blazing today!

Sam.

LydiaNiz
08-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Hi Rae!
From Cardiff - traditionally rain, but been beautiful :-)

Patstone
08-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi Rae, I'm in Exeter in sunny Devon, but very cold wind here too. Spent yesterday on Exeter Quay at a craft fair, it was freezing there. My husband (who was in tee shirt and shorts) asked me why I was wearing a feather waistcoat over a fleece, after an hour there I was glad I did. One stallholder who was next to us, went out and bought a jumper and a blanket. The wind was like a tunnel, knocking everything on our stall over, we had to weight stuff down with stones.

CJ57
08-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi Rae, I'm in Exeter in sunny Devon, but very cold wind here too. Spent yesterday on Exeter Quay at a craft fair, it was freezing there. My husband (who was in tee shirt and shorts) asked me why I was wearing a feather waistcoat over a fleece, after an hour there I was glad I did. One stallholder who was next to us, went out and bought a jumper and a blanket. The wind was like a tunnel, knocking everything on our stall over, we had to weight stuff down with stones.

I have this image Pat of you in a feather waistcoat, all peacock colours :)

Patstone
09-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Hahaha, it was an icy wind, but people were sitting out of the wind in the pub forecourts in sleeveless shirts and shorts, we had a roof over us but no sides to the building so it was like a draft tunnel. Reminder: Next month take a blanket.

joella
09-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Hi Rae,
Good to see you've taken the plunge and joined the forum, I also lurked for some time before joining. I dip in and out when I can, usually when I'm in need of rescue - someone is always here to help. I'm in Cheshire, so the weather is .....changeable, well ok yes, mainly rainy - those pesky pennines! Actually, I'd like to know who else is in the general area of the Knutsford motorway services, most seem to be south east, south west or Cotswolds to Brum ish, with a few satalights in Scotland and wales. Hope you enjoy the forum. My forum name is actually my kids names squished together.
Sue.

Tabby66
09-06-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm Staffordshire Sue, my brother lives in Middlewich so around that way from time to time :)