PDA

View Full Version : Handout type addition to a product

max_mischief
01-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Hi there,

Just wondering if I could have some comments on this please. For one of my products I will be providing a bit of a description about that product which I've had a few people comment would be useful, but if you were receiving an item of jewellery (and in this case needs some explanation), I cant explain without going into detail *yet*, would you rather have an A4 page to keep with your item, or multiple little card size type items?

Thanks for the input, I know it has been vague but that's all I can give at the moment.

Dennis
01-06-2015, 10:37 PM
It takes a stretch of the imagination, but an A4 sheet would probably be a thorough nuisance and end up in the bin. A small folded card could be kept with the box, for future reference. Dennis.

Petal
02-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I provide an information folder for events which contains dealers notice, etc and enclose a small folded piece of paper with every item that is sold, which contains care info. I started out with loads of blurb, but its now a few lines. :D

SteveLAO
02-06-2015, 08:25 AM
We produce a little fold out card which explains what all the hallmark symbols mean which many of our customers enclose with their goods. Its about credit card size and folds out into three times that size.

theresa
02-06-2015, 08:39 AM
How do we get copies of it Steve?

SteveLAO
02-06-2015, 09:17 AM
http://www.thegoldsmiths.co.uk/media/3984740/consumer%20hallmark%20information%20cards%20order% 20form.pdf

is the link to our website where you can download the order form and send it in to me. Of course, these are unique to the Goldsmiths' Company so of course only those who are hallmarking with us are eligible. It's not a generic info card.
7753 Here's a quick image of what they look like...

theresa
02-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks Steve. Can I order them to be sent with my hallmarking to save on postage?

SteveLAO
02-06-2015, 09:28 AM
The postage I believe is based on the weight, so I'm not sure there would be a great advantage, but of course if you'd like me to add them in with your parcel then I'd be happy to do so. We usually give you a call to let you know what the postage charge is anyway before we send them off.

Lucie
02-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Max - I send out little card type things with branding across everything - jewellery boxes, info sheets, business cards, vouchers, etc.
It makes it easier for people to stick them in a pocket or bag to show other people :)

They look great Steve - Is there a mobile website version of the dealers notice yet?

SteveLAO
02-06-2015, 11:07 AM
There's not a specific online version so far, but you can download the pdf version and upload it onto your website- that's what most people do

Lucie
02-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks Steve. Done that already. It's fine on the main site, just impossibly tiny and illegible on the mobile version!

SteveLAO
02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
yeah I know.....:( it's not ideal. I think the reason is that it's still a bit of a grey area as to whether you're legally obliged to display it on a website...the hallmarking act is a bit out of date when it comes to IT advancement and websites in particular! (For example there's nothing in the act concerning laser marking!!)We always recommend that you do so though in case an eagle eyed TS officer chases you up, but I think that's why a mobile version has never been produced.

LydiaNiz
02-06-2015, 12:39 PM
when I had the shottlebop site, we made fold-out printed craft paper info sheets, these eventually were condensed into one sheet that fit exactly inside the lid of the box and unfolded to A6 (if that makes sense?)

max_mischief
02-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Thanks all for this feedback, appreciate it, it has been useful.

I'm now firmly away from A4 size suggestions, working on the smaller credit card sizes.

One further query, if theres say 5 cards with a design(for some) would you put them lose together, band them together, maybe with a hole punched/jump ring connector? Not really sure how to fit these within a bracelet box either way so may have to be seperate

SteveLAO
03-06-2015, 08:08 AM
I would put them all in a little envelope....

Sammyjean
03-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Hi Max!
If I received that I would prefer
a. the cards fit in the box easily, or i like Lydias .. in the box lid .
b. that they are informative/interesting/attractive enough to warrant putting back in said box and not just losing them,
c. hole punch, jump ring would maybe last longer?, if it would fit!

Lucie
04-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Mine fold out (tri-fold leaflet style), but I love the idea of a little box or envelope.
Using a large jump ring could be really effective :)