PDA

View Full Version : Here's a good idea...

medusa
25-05-2015, 03:58 PM
It would be really cool of cookies sold a chain sampler. An inch or two of each chain kind of like a fabric swatch. I can't be the only person who looks at the descriptions and finds it really hard to visualise that the stuff looks like.

Patstone
25-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Brilliant idea, put it to them, see what they say.

medusa
25-05-2015, 04:35 PM
I'll see if anyone from CS responds here. I suppose I could just order a couple of inches of each kind, but unless they are happy to do it, then it would be a real drag for them. But maybe they could use up the leftovers?

Wallace
25-05-2015, 04:44 PM
you know that is a great idea, but I guess the reply will be that it is all clearly set out in the catalogue, with exact sizes too.

Patstone
25-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Yes but its difficult to visualise.

silverlining
25-05-2015, 05:10 PM
It would be really cool of cookies sold a chain sampler. An inch or two of each chain kind of like a fabric swatch. I can't be the only person who looks at the descriptions and finds it really hard to visualise that the stuff looks like.

Ah,but an inch or two is enough chain to create a pair of drop earrings....

caroleallen
25-05-2015, 05:50 PM
I'm sure they get bits left over at the end of a length. I've even had chain joined together with bits of wire.

ps_bond
25-05-2015, 05:56 PM
I think Curteis used to do a chain board, but with the variety they do now it became less sensible.

ssssue
25-05-2015, 06:26 PM
I know Cookies have samples out in the showroom (Birmingham) and it's great to be able to see before buying. Think the ability to get some samples if you can't visit in person (which, I guess is most people!) is an excellent idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ57
25-05-2015, 09:58 PM
The Curteis rep visited the house out of the blue a couple of years ago and it was great to see all the samples and get a true idea of their weight etc

joella
26-05-2015, 06:51 AM
I asked Cooksons about this a little while ago. They did indeed say its all in the catalogue. Maybe the more people who ask about it will swing them towards doing samples - it would be really helpful, so I hope so.

CJ57
26-05-2015, 11:31 AM
I think companies, Cookson included, rely on the fact that we all buy things mostly finding that aren't fit for purpose, the wrong size or not what we though they were. I would imagine they make quite a lot of money from our mistakes:/

medusa
26-05-2015, 01:42 PM
you know that is a great idea, but I guess the reply will be that it is all clearly set out in the catalogue, with exact sizes too.

yeah, but the catalogue isn't that great either in terms of the images and sizes are also hard to actually picture.

Ah,but an inch or two is enough chain to create a pair of drop earrings....
I wasn't thinking of free samples, I'd happily pay for it.

I'm sure they get bits left over at the end of a length. I've even had chain joined together with bits of wire.
really? I hope you returned it. That's a bit out of order if you ask me.

I think Curteis used to do a chain board, but with the variety they do now it became less sensible.
yeah, I just had a look. Too much choice! But again the images are rubbish, worse in fact than cookies. Even enlarging them it's hard to see what's what.

I asked Cooksons about this a little while ago. They did indeed say its all in the catalogue. Maybe the more people who ask about it will swing them towards doing samples - it would be really helpful, so I hope so.
Or if they could clarify that it is ok to purchase multiple short lengths?

I think companies, Cookson included, rely on the fact that we all buy things mostly finding that aren't fit for purpose, the wrong size or not what we though they were. I would imagine they make quite a lot of money from our mistakes:/
such cynicism! :D

ShinyLauren
29-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I buy all my chain from Curteis ever since Cookson discontinued my favourites. I agree it's impossible to work out what it's going to look like from the website pictures - I visited them at IJL at wrote down the codes of the ones I liked! However, I ordered a 9ct gold one that was the same code and description as the silver, assuming that it would be the same, but the links were a different size and weight, grrrrr!