PDA

View Full Version : Cookson Boxes and Packaging

Lucie
08-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I've just had an email through from Cooksons advertising their latest sale on boxes and packaging.
There's some lovely things & I wouldn't hesitate changing my supplier (owing to the fact the my current one tends to be unreliable), except for one thing.....
You can't get your logo / name printed onto any of them.

It seems such a shame & they must be missing out on packaging sales because of it!

Is there a way of finding out if this is something they plan on offering in the future?

Claire D
08-05-2015, 09:39 AM
I guess you could always email and ask them, they've always been very helpful when I've emailed. I'm waiting for a quote about getting some boxes printed after discovering a place that was cheaper than my current supplier!

enigma
08-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Ive had to change from my lovely logo printed boxes as the French postal service in their infinite wisdom decided to fix a max height of 3cm on their reasonably priced post.
So now using Cooksons slim postal box range but really miss having my logo :(
If anybody does know a way to get those printed I would love to hear!

enigma
08-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I just tried contacting Cookies and they can't do it :(

Claire D
08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Perhaps not what you're looking for but they can print on slim postal boxes here: http://www.pottersuk.com/products.asp?SectionID=124

Lucie
08-05-2015, 10:36 AM
I asked them ages ago & they said the same to me :N:
Having my logo on everything is really important for me. I do get slightly irritated every tine I phone up for more boxes and the supplier has run out!! They seems to run out of things for months at a time too, so I end up having to stock pile them.
It's a shame, because they are the only ones I've found who sell good quality, modern looking wooden boxes and will also print.

I guess I'm stuck for now, unless someone else uses a supplier I haven't found yet? Or somewhere that will print on boxes from other companies (hopefully :X)

mizgeorge
08-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Lucie - check your PM inbox!

Lucie
08-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Perhaps not what you're looking for but they can print on slim postal boxes here: http://www.pottersuk.com/products.asp?SectionID=124

Potters are great Claire. Really friendly & the printing is good quality. Unfortunately, they still don't stock wooden boxes :(

Lucie
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Lucie - check your PM inbox!

Oh dear - Looks like I have half a dozen messages I hadn't spotted (oops, think I may need to send a few apologies).
Thanks very much for the heads up :) xx

Claire D
08-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, somebody else mentioned Potters to me and I've emailed them for some more info about the artwork requirements for printing.

Dennis
08-05-2015, 01:27 PM
I've just had an email through from Cooksons advertising their latest sale on boxes and packaging.
There's some lovely things & I wouldn't hesitate changing my supplier (owing to the fact the my current one tends to be unreliable), except for one thing.....
You can't get your logo / name printed onto any of them.

Self adhesive labels can be inexpensive and made to your design, even with embossing. This would free you to buy any plain boxes on offer. Dennis

enigma
08-05-2015, 03:36 PM
I thought about doing that Dennis but not sure they would look any good on Leatherette or wooden boxes?
I did have a PM from George though which seems to be the answer-thank you so much George!

geti-titanium
01-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Talking about packaging, I'm just working on a prototype for our new boxes. There's nothing like a bit of overkill for a ring! :D786978707871

There's a few tweaks to make to it and the ring care leaflet needs professionally printing but it's as good as there now.

vsilvered
01-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Really, REALLY like that packaging, Geti.. very sexy! :cool:

theresa
02-07-2015, 10:12 AM
In the past I have stencilled my own.
I made it on my PC and then printed and cut it out. Bit tedious but it looked quite good!

Lucie
02-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Talking about packaging, I'm just working on a prototype for our new boxes. There's nothing like a bit of overkill for a ring! :D786978707871

There's a few tweaks to make to it and the ring care leaflet needs professionally printing but it's as good as there now.

They are absolutely stunning. There's no such thing as overkill when it comes to packaging. I know people that have bought jewellery just so they can leave the box sitting around as a talking point lol.
Are you making these yourself?