PDA

View Full Version : Postage on out of stock items

lesley
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
One thing that bugs me and it's happened a couple of times recently is this:

I order online and everything is in stock except when it arrives there's one thing missing. It comes later with an extra postage charge. I've queried this before and had the postage returned but it is a faff.

If something is stated as being in stock when you order but then goes out of stock surely it's not too difficult to hold the extra postage on this item?
This was particularly infuriating when the item was already a replacement for something else that was out of stock!

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Yes I agree, frustrating to pay several £ on something light and low value like a couple of chains. I have been caught out several times (and didn't get thre money back either!)
Em

lesley
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh, I have to say I've always got the money back if I asked.
But it happened yesterday and yes with a bit of chain and I don't think I can be bothered to 'phone up.:(

bustagasket
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes its very frustrating, i have a drill apron on order from July that still hasnt arrived yet, - i am soooooooooo glad that i didnt tick that i would wait for everything to be available before i had the rest of the order delivered!!! but after so long it will bug me to pay postage. I also have a hammer outstanding from this weekends FREEPOST order, so it will be interesting to see if i get a postage charge on that one too. At least this time the soldering mats arrived in one piece unlike the first one i ordered lol, but i am not good at phoning and complaining - probably the reason i am still waiting for the apron after all this time lol

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
lol, but i am not good at phoning and complaining - probably the reason i am still waiting for the apron after all this time lol

me neither :(|

lesley
03-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I've taught myself to complain although I still have to be feeling brave to do it.
Know exactly what you're asking for, don't just have a general moan :), and never be angry or rude.

I've just waited 2 months before asking where some boxes are that I ordered elsewhere.........so you see what I mean. :)

mizgeorge
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Su' how does a drill apron differ from my wraparound kitchen apron?

bustagasket
03-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Su' how does a drill apron differ from my wraparound kitchen apron?

I am praying it is thicker like the one my dad used to have

Di Sandland
03-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I imagine it would be like one of those wonderful old leather aprons?

mizgeorge
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
The leather ones are generally called welders aprons (I got one for under a fiver on ebay for lampworking guests who care about holes in their clothes!)

I was just curious as I've not seen one before.

Di Sandland
03-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, I dunno then - maybe Su' will let us know. I love those old leather ones

bustagasket
04-09-2009, 06:30 AM
http://www.cooksongold.com/product_detail.jsp?prod_search=998+077B&submit.x=12&submit.y=8

Di Sandland
04-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Su' why don't you cancel the order? It's just a pinnie and much as you want one like your grandad's its nothing special m'dear. In fact, you could make one!

then you could stop hanging about for postie, who must think you've got a crush on him by now, and put the eleven quid or so back into your put to spend on something else ;)

Rob Taylor
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
If an item is ordered as part of a freepost offer any back ordered items should be supplied without a P&P charge

bustagasket
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Su' why don't you cancel the order? It's just a pinnie and much as you want one like your grandad's its nothing special m'dear. In fact, you could make one!

then you could stop hanging about for postie, who must think you've got a crush on him by now, and put the eleven quid or so back into your put to spend on something else ;)

lmao never see the postie as i am not in reception no more

It will be here soon i understand :D