PDA

View Full Version : Heads up

trialuser
27-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Just so you don't get an unexpected surprise.
Cookson don't apply a GOJD discount on argentium bulllion.
"the product wasn't available when the offer was setup"!!!!
Grrrrr

CJ57
27-04-2015, 10:40 AM
But if that's the case they could deny discount on every new product they sell every year, every new Durston tool or new mop.
You also have to remember that the discount on metals is quite specific anyway according to the notes on GOJD although I can't now find it!

trialuser
27-04-2015, 10:55 AM
I know. I did try and find the details in the GOJD site but got a broken link for the Cookson discounts.
I was told by the person on 'live chat'.
I did ask if it could be 'reviewed', but I'm not holding my breath.
I believe the discount was set up for sterling, so I'm not even sure it is applied to Britannia or fine, I use hardly any of both so I've never bothered to check.

CJ57
27-04-2015, 12:02 PM
If I remember it rightly the discount on metal isn't on the actual metals per se but on the manufacturing costs which seemed quite a grey area so I only really get excited about discount when I'm buying tools or machinery at least it's clear there. Although after Mark telling us that if there is a sale we then don't get our GOJD discount on top makes it less likely to be such a good deal so it won't make me buy now. When buying the Durston combi the sale price and GOJD discount with free delivery was the only way I could afford to buy it. If they keep on adding all the different criteria then you just don't spend in the same way so my purchases will reduce

Wallace
27-04-2015, 12:21 PM
have a chat with Jayne Coulson at the Guild - for clarification.

CJ57
27-04-2015, 02:39 PM
have a chat with Jayne Coulson at the Guild - for clarification.

It should be on the Guild page but the link is faulty. I had a chat with Jayne a few weeks ago as I'd forgotten we don't get discount on wire which seems a bit silly. To be negotiated for in the future maybe.

trialuser
27-04-2015, 03:15 PM
If I remember it rightly the discount on metal isn't on the actual metals per se but on the manufacturing costs .............

Ah,yes, that rings a bell.
I'm probably getting all hot and bothered over bugger all then - sounds about right!
I will probably place the order now I've got over my little paddy.
Cheers