PDA

View Full Version : Diamond polishing paste

theresa
18-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Can someone tell me the best way to use this product?:confused:
I chipped a jasper cab on setting and stuck the piece back on but now need to polish it smooth. Also shelled a Welo Opal! Not my day...
Will the Welo polish up or are they too soft & fragile?

Thank you
Theresa

Dennis
18-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I think you have to experiment with your particular case, Theresa.
It sometimes works with a felt mop and sometimes smeared on a pad of paper flat on the bench and the stone rubbed on that.
However it wont be strong enough to remove uneveness at the join, or polish chips.
You can also get a further finish with a softer mop and car polish such as Menzerna. Dennis.

enigma
18-03-2015, 04:41 PM
I work through the grades on a felt pendant point which works ok for me.
Yes you can polish up an opal although as Dennis says you won't polish out chips etc.

theresa
19-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Thank you - it looks as tho' these will go in the bin!
I'm so cross with myself. I spent weeks on the jasper pendant because I kept changing the design and just when I was pleased with it I go and catch the corner on the bezel and chip it. Grrrr!!!!!
In my defence, it was a strange shape. Thin around the corners and rising in the middle.....

enigma
19-03-2015, 03:24 PM
I feel your pain!

theresa
24-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to say how impressed I am with diamond polishing paste. I can still see the 'shelled' piece on the cab, but if I had stuck it on more accurately, then I am convinced the join would have been completely hidden. Hooray, another great tool in my arsenal!