PDA

View Full Version : The start of the new project

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I think i will regret this lol but i wanted to play with twisted wire more so i started on an inside out kinda link bracelet.

As you can see yet again it is very small. I have used 1mm fully hard s.silver wire and each "joint" will require a small jump ring to hold it all together.. It looked so easy on paper lol

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
wow! teeny! delicate barbed wire, I love it!
Em

The Bijou Dragon
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Ooh can't wait to see how it turns out Su, looks really interesting so far :D

Paula
02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Thats going to look fab once finished... You have more patients than me though!
You go girl!:D

MuranoSilver
02-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Have you been watching Pammie Anderson films again?? ;)
Great start!!
Nic x

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Have you been watching Pammie Anderson films again?? ;)
Great start!!
Nic x

Dam!!! you been peeping through the windows again nic???#-o

lesley
02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Ooooo yes, love it.
Someone told me that dangerous jewellery was in this summer.:)

Pandanimal
02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
I like this! what I can see of it so far. will you do lots of these and link them together?

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
yep lots and lots and then lots of little links to tie it all together

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
What is more worrying is that I have and was shocked to see you in a platinum wig, fishnets and leather basque, shame on you...hussy! :rofl:

well you were the one that showed me how to wear them!!! and I still havent forgiven you for looking better in them than me!#-o

Emerald
02-09-2009, 09:39 PM
it looks very inticate you have better eysite than me will look wonderful as a full braceletx

bustagasket
03-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks all, dunno about my eyesight, just got new glasses so they have their work cut out lol

EmmaRose
03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
were you duelling with feather dusters too :D?

bustagasket
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
were you duelling with feather dusters too :D?

Sheesh are all my secrets being let out now????:confused:

bustagasket
04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Well i have struggled for most of the afternoon with this bracelet as i just cannot make it link the way i wanted to. its just to tiny so the semi-circles refuse to sit right. Gonna have to make minute jump rings like i did on the other bracelet and solder them onto the tips of alll the semis ends - potentially 144 tiny rings and solders and then put a slightly bigger link between them to hold them together on the outside edge instead of through the middle, another 72 more small links to solder urghhhhh Rather disappointed that i cant do it the other way :(

Charlotte
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow, that looks so intricate! Nice work Su. I've been meaning to do something barb wire inspired but I think my work is dangerous enough#-o

bustagasket
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
not gonna look quite so barbed wireish now :( but it might be something i can tweak when i am a little more accomplished to get to join the way i wanted it to join

agent_44
04-09-2009, 08:52 PM
That design looks really interesting, I like it! It's a shame you can;t make it the way you want, but persevere and I am sure it will turn out fab!

bustagasket
04-09-2009, 08:54 PM
ty hun, i hope it will still be nice, just disappointed, guess thats what i get for doing small stuff all the time

Di Sandland
04-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Don't forget that some of us would love to be able to do tiny stuff just some of the time...

Emerald
04-09-2009, 10:28 PM
just a thought but could you solder tube onto the underneath and then thread something through such as a fine chain or even a snake chain?:N::Y:

bustagasket
05-09-2009, 05:58 AM
oo thats an idea for later stuff thank you!! on this current project this current project tho i think i will reisign myself to the adaptation to the links lol - it will still be a headache soldering all those tiny links, but hopefully now (with Charlottes help) i can refill my torch lol

Emerald
05-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Well thinking about it last night after i had gone to bed it wouldent work even if they where butted up together it would probably twist unless it was a flat chain, and rectagular tube, Good luck and look forward to seeing it when its done x

bustagasket
05-09-2009, 07:46 AM
thanks i will start the laborious link task today lol

MuranoSilver
05-09-2009, 09:17 AM
By the time you've finished all this Su you're goinf to be "Mistress of the solder torch"! (and no you don't get a badge ;))

Di Sandland
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
By the time you've finished all this Su you're goinf to be "Mistress of the solder torch"! (and no you don't get a badge ;))

Aw, surely we could manufacture a special badge for the occasion*-:)

bustagasket
05-09-2009, 09:33 AM

MEANYYY!!!!!!:'(

Aw, surely we could manufacture a special badge for the occasion*-:)

Yes I think so!!:Y:

bustagasket
11-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Right well i laid out everything on wednesday and as the design has now been tweaked there are not quite so many twisted wire sections to deal with. On weds i made most of the teensy little rings that i will solder to the ends of each semi circle of twisted wire, and i filed the tops of the twists so they were flat and smooth and also filed the top of the links. I made the joining links and then laid them all out. I am still a dozen tiny links short and maybe two dozen larger links short. So todays plan is as follows.

(9am) Drop mother round the corner to her friends, - peace for the day :D
(9.10) start spiralling 8mm hard wire for the extra links needed and cut.
(bit later) close the links and file flat the tops of the tiny ones
(later still) start to solder the tiny ones onto the twisted links
(even later) add the jump rings between the tiny links and solder. At this point i will be able to actually see how many sections i need to make it the right length and will pray i have made enough links lol. Then i can attach the teen ones to the toggle and bar and the extra jump rings needed to join them to the bracelet.

Then i will throw it in the pickle and remember to take it out again lol

(4pm) Make sure i am in Robertsbridge dropping off Kits tent to his friends house for their camp out in the park tonight. He better be all packed away when i pick him up for work in the morning!

If i think about it i will take progress piccies :)

MuranoSilver
11-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Oooh sounds good Su :)

Emerald
11-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Sounds good, you have a busy day ahead of you, i had a busy day planned but i now have to kids off sick argh and they only just gone back to school.

Look forward to seeing your work in progess photos if you get chance x

amazingbabe
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM
That looks real complicated, can't wait to see the end result xx

bustagasket
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
If i ever say i am gonna make something like this again, PLEASE STOP ME!!!

The problem is that the centre links keep moving along the twisted wire bits so it then wont lay right and its driving me mental!!

I just know that when it goes into the tumbler its going to come out a tangled mess:'(

Anyway, this was how the progress went yesterday

It a nightmare lol As usual the photography is crap

agent_44
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow Su, that looks fab! Maybe tighter jump rings around the centre links woudl help the way it lies?

bustagasket
12-09-2009, 12:31 PM
yeah trouble is i could only just get them to join up as it was, but as soon as i turn my back they move!!!! grrrrrr mutter mutter grumble grumble.

Guess its a design error :(

Di Sandland
12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
persevere, Su', cos its worth it - the design is very pretty

mizgeorge
12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I wonder if you need to modify the design a bit? I have a feeling the two 'halves' will just flip over onto eachother as it is at the moment. Perhaps solder each pair of half moons together, and then add the jump rings for decoration?

bustagasket
12-09-2009, 01:14 PM
i did consider soldering the semis together but because the wire is twisted its hard t o get a good surface without perhaps an enormous amount of filing to get a flat surface

Emerald
12-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder if you need to modify the design a bit? I have a feeling the two 'halves' will just flip over onto eachother as it is at the moment. Perhaps solder each pair of half moons together, and then add the jump rings for decoration?

could you solder the jumpring?

agent_44
12-09-2009, 01:54 PM
... or use oval jump rings, they woudl probably stop the design from fipping over on itself if they were the right size.

caroleallen
12-09-2009, 07:58 PM
But would it really matter if they did flip over?

bustagasket
12-09-2009, 08:12 PM
its nt the flipping that bothers me - its the sliding along the twisted semi circle and refusing to slide back that gets me!! lol