PDA

View Full Version : Cookies New Website

Patstone
28-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi, not sure if its just me but is the forums font big on everybodies computer. I know I only have one eye but thats ridiculous. Plus while I am having a moan, I dislike the new Cooksons website, in my opinion for what its worth, they will lose a lot of customers. I tried for about half an hour to find some beeswax for putting on my blades, and in the end gave up. I had another go later in the day when I had calmed down a bit and found it, but what a fiasco. The "postage" is another issue with everything going carrier rather than post. I know what time my postie arrives normally but the carrier you would have to wait in all day and not everyone has the privilege of being at home all day to wait, also its very expensive. Sometimes we were offered free postage, which for people like me on a tight budget was wonderful and certainly enticed me to shop at Cooksons, but now I will go to whichever is cheaper.

Aurarius
28-01-2015, 05:14 PM
There are a number of "issues" with it, yes. The checkout software not recognising voucher codes and not giving other advertised discounts are two things that have caused problems for me recently.
I do agree that things are not particularly easy to find online. I usually have the printed cataolgue to hand and use the product codes to search by. The printed catalogue is still much more user friendly, though of course it cannot give you a price for most precious metal items and does not contain the new products that have come into stock since the catalogue was printed.
P.S. I'm not sure why a search for beeswax gave you problems. I searched for "beeswax" and it was the first thing that came up.

metalsmith
28-01-2015, 05:30 PM
The checkout software not recognising voucher codes and not giving other advertised discounts are two things that have caused problems for me recently.

This happened to me too. I thought that maybe the code no longer applied - I had used it once, but to my knowledge it was multi-use... did you lodge a complaint (should I, do you think?)

thanks

Chas

trialuser
28-01-2015, 05:33 PM
On beeswax. It's unnecessarily expensive buying that sort of thing from cookson, ebay has it @ 99p for twice as much. and 40p postage. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Beeswax-blocks-2-x-One-Ounce-Bees-Wax-/290617959592?pt=UK_Carfts_Candle_SoapMaking_EH&hash=item43aa2e24a8)
Much cheaper still if you buy a larger amount.
Other waxes are available.
Re: the screen, are you sure you have not magnified it, possibly by scrolling a mouse wheel or something?
Depending on your browser, you can go something similar to 'view', 'zoom', 'reset' or similar.

CJ57
28-01-2015, 05:39 PM
They have free delivery on orders over £25 until midnight 1st feb at the moment.
I find their search engine rubbish, I can't remember what I was looking for the other day, think it was polishing motors and everything to do with polishing came up and you can't seem to narrow the field after that.
I'm also having difficulty logging in, it doesn't like it automatically set on the iPad and then takes you to the t&c page for first time customers. It's definitely a bit of a challenge to shop if you want to do it quickly and can't be bothered to make lists from the catalogue. The main benefit for me is I can do it at 2am or I would shop elsewhere but I find other companies websites equally as difficult especially if you are wanting to buy silver. I have so many beeswax candles I could give them away:)

medusa
28-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I like the new website, I think it's a huge improvement on the old one. My main niggle is that the drop down filters are a bit lacking in user friendliness. It would be much better to have them so you could compare multiple fields, IMO.

As to the prices, Pat, whenever I've compared, Cookies has always been cheaper for just about everything, even with P&P factored in. agree about using RM rather than carriers, although the last two orders I made since christmas, both came by RM.

Aurarius
28-01-2015, 07:31 PM
did you lodge a complaint (should I, do you think?)

I didn't need to complain. I just contacted Cooksons explaining the problem and got it sorted.

Essentially not all of the items in my basket were discounted as they should have been, and a valid freepost code went unrecognised.

This has happened before. I do hope it doesn't happen again as it actually took a number of emails (I won't say how many!), two phone calls, and three days to get the matter resolved. All because the computer said "No".

CJ57
28-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Mine have all been coming with the postie recently, I can't remember the last time anything came by carrier

enigma
28-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Mine come with the post and Im in France.
the only time they don't is certain items that are courier only like some of the chemicals/resins.
Have to say Cooksons are very good on postage to France and as they use Royal mail it then comes with La Poste which is the French version which is great as our postie is very good.
The search facility is better than most alternative websites I think although admittedly not always brilliant.

Patstone
29-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your replies, I posted a reply under a different heading, but on the matter of postage, on an order of £50 - 60 which some of ours are, £13 is a lot of money, my daughter works 6 days a week but is paid a low farm workers wage, so hasnt much spare money, plus of course like I said in the other thread, you dont want to be waiting in for a courier for hours on your only day off, when the postie delivers at 9 a.m.
I rang her just a minute ago telling her about the freepost offer and she said when she ordered last night it gave her the freepost, so thanks for telling me, you would have thought she had won the lottery she was so pleased.

Patstone
29-01-2015, 08:06 AM
On beeswax. It's unnecessarily expensive buying that sort of thing from cookson, ebay has it @ 99p for twice as much. and 40p postage. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Beeswax-blocks-2-x-One-Ounce-Bees-Wax-/290617959592?pt=UK_Carfts_Candle_SoapMaking_EH&hash=item43aa2e24a8)
Much cheaper still if you buy a larger amount.
Other waxes are available.
Re: the screen, are you sure you have not magnified it, possibly by scrolling a mouse wheel or something?
Depending on your browser, you can go something similar to 'view', 'zoom', 'reset' or similar.

I have had to re-enlist my mouse, I have a touchscreen laptop, so mouse is redundant, but problem fixed - I dont have to sit the other side of the room to read it.

LydiaNiz
29-01-2015, 09:29 AM
If anyone can persuade our postie to arrive before 3pm, I'd be much obliged (site problem free here)

enigma
29-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Pat, unless you are ordering items that can only be delivered by courier ( they say hazardous on the listings) then you should be able to select standard postage.
My standard postage to France is only just over £4 so yours should be less than that.
Theres a drop down menu you have to select from before completing the order.
The postage options are one of the reasons I buy so much from Cooksons- most sites only have one expensive option to France but Cooksons lets me choose.

Jemima
29-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

I thought that I would go through a few points that have been raised, to hopefully answer any questions and make it a bit clearer!

Searching on the website
Since the new website has been launched, we have had positive feedback; however, some customers have raised concerns about the search features. This is something that we are aware of and are looking into improving and making more user-friendly in the near future. The more specific examples you can give us, the more we can ensure it works in the best way for you!

Regarding the specific searches mentioned; we are unable to replicate your issues, as when we search of ‘beeswax’ and ‘polishing motors’ we can find the products you are referring to. If you wish to narrow/filter an initial search, in the majority of cases, you can select different filters (alloy/size/brand) on the menu which is on the left hand of the screen if you are using a laptop/desktop, and at the top of the screen if you are using a mobile or tablet.

If there any other specific products or ranges that you are having trouble searching for, please let us know and we can try and help or put a fix in place to resolve these issues.

Postage
Unfortunately, Royal Mail has changed its restrictions and this means that they will not deliver any liquids or hazardous products. This means that if your order contains these, it will have to go via a courier. In all other cases, you will have the option of which delivery method you wish to use. International orders are slightly different, as this may involve airmail etc.

If an order is very heavy or of a higher value, we use couriers as this adds an additional level of security.

We try to offer freepost as often as we can, and when we do have freepost events, we try and let you know via email, social media and on the website, so you don’t miss out!

Voucher Codes
When using a discount or freepost voucher, there may be specific requirements. For example, with our freepost events you need to spend a minimum of £25, some codes can only be used once and some can be used as many times as you wish, some only apply to certain products and some have a limited time of validity. It is best to ensure you read the terms and conditions for each offer and that should make it clear what is and isn’t included.

If you do have any issues with using a voucher codes, please let us know and we will try and resolve this as soon as possible.

I am sorry if you have experienced a delayed response from our customer service team, I have passed this onto our customer service manager. He will investigate this to help find out why this has happened and to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

You can email us, call us, chat online or post on our social pages and don’t forget, our customer service team now available Monday to Friday 8am until 8pm.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate any and all, as this helps us identify what you need and want and helps us to plan what developments we make next.

Thanks
Jemima

Aurarius
29-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Thanks for getting back to us, Jemima.
Unfortunately, the problems I had with my recent order not getting the due discounts is going to happen again some time soon unless you look at the GOJD discount settings. There are still tools in your inventory not automatically getting their discount deducted at the checkout. And the freepost code I used last Sunday was definitely a valid one (and hadn't yet been used) but the software still didn't recognise it.

Rob Taylor
30-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks for getting back to us, Jemima.
Unfortunately, the problems I had with my recent order not getting the due discounts is going to happen again some time soon unless you look at the GOJD discount settings. There are still tools in your inventory not automatically getting their discount deducted at the checkout. And the freepost code I used last Sunday was definitely a valid one (and hadn't yet been used) but the software still didn't recognise it.

Hi

Thanks for the heads up, we'll have a look at this. What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob

Aurarius
30-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi

What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob
SURVEY 15, which was supposed to be valid until 31st March. I tried several different combinations of spacing and letter case but none of them worked.

metalsmith
30-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Hi

Thanks for the heads up, we'll have a look at this. What freepost code did you use please?

rgds

Rob

believe I used xmas14 which I thought was multi use and still applicable. Perhaps with the order just into Jan, maybe not? Order IO 799255 Thanks

Patstone
31-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks for getting back Jemima, that has explained the carrier/postage. Does that mean that if you have all "dry" goods that it will come by royal mail?

Rob Taylor
02-02-2015, 09:37 AM
SURVEY 15, which was supposed to be valid until 31st March. I tried several different combinations of spacing and letter case but none of them worked.

Hi
Having looked at this I can't see any reason why this didn't work, sorry. I'll PM an alternative code
rgds
Rob

Rob Taylor
02-02-2015, 09:45 AM
believe I used xmas14 which I thought was multi use and still applicable. Perhaps with the order just into Jan, maybe not? Order IO 799255 Thanks

Hi
Again having looked at this I can't see any reason why this didn't work, sorry. I'll PM an alternative code also
rgds
Rob

Rob Taylor
02-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Thanks for getting back Jemima, that has explained the carrier/postage. Does that mean that if you have all "dry" goods that it will come by royal mail?

Hi
In broad terms yes non hazardous goods will generally be shipped via Royal Mail, but there are caveats. Royal Mail have size/weight restrictions that other carriers don't have.

For freepost offers we will generally ship via the lowest cost carrier and the weight/volume combination will make a difference as to who is selected

Rgds
Rob

Wallace
02-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi Rob, can I trouble some changes to the little graphic hyperlinks links for the forum, fb, etc; can they go to the top? Scrolling on the iPad is a big pain. I know, a little thing, but it would be lovely to have them back at the top, as they were previously.

Thank you.

Rob Taylor
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi Rob, can I trouble some changes to the little graphic hyperlinks links for the forum, fb, etc; can they go to the top? Scrolling on the iPad is a big pain. I know, a little thing, but it would be lovely to have them back at the top, as they were previously.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, for a variety of reasons we're are going to have to leave the links at the bottom of the page I'm afraid. However at the top LH of the page is a link called 'community', if you click through that all the links you are looking for are there. Please note however on a mobile device whether these links appear depends upon the size of the device as the site dynamically resizes to the screen width. On my ipad 'community et al' only appears if it's landscape and if it's portrait it doesn't. On my android phone it doesn't appear at all.

Hope this helps

rgds
Rob

Wallace
02-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Oh dear!

Well thanks for coming back

Aurarius
02-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Hi
Having looked at this I can't see any reason why this didn't work, sorry. I'll PM an alternative code
rgds
Rob
Thanks for that, Rob.
On the other matter (the GOJD discounts), after only five minutes of searching I've managed to put six items in my basket none of which have received the GOJD discount they are eligible for. Unless this oversight is resolved it's likely to present further problems with orders in the future. I can let you have details of the wrongly undiscounted items if that helps.
ETA: After another 10 minute experimental search I've now got 19 items (all tools) in my basket that are not showing the relevant GOJD discount.

Rob Taylor
02-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks for that, Rob.
On the other matter (the GOJD discounts), after only five minutes of searching I've managed to put six items in my basket none of which have received the GOJD discount they are eligible for. Unless this oversight is resolved it's likely to present further problems with orders in the future. I can let you have details of the wrongly undiscounted items if that helps.
ETA: After another 10 minute experimental search I've now got 19 items (all tools) in my basket that are not showing the relevant GOJD discount.

Sorry, I should have said, we're looking into what's causing this issue. As far as I can see all the discounts are in place but they aren't being automatically applied. Our IT people are investigating at the moment and please send the list of items so I can make sure they're on our radar

rgds

Rob

Aurarius
03-02-2015, 01:22 AM
please send the list of items so I can make sure they're on our radar

rgds

Rob
Thanks for your reply, Rob. I've pm'd you.