PDA

View Full Version : Second Hand Jewellery Equipment

philongold
09-01-2015, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know of a publication that advertises Second Hand Jewellery Equipment?

I am just starting up again making and designing gold and silver jewellery. I use to run my own business for many years in the Costworld - but that was a long time ago.

I am looking for a Smiths Little Torch or something like that. It must be Complete with full Oxygen bottle - (I have a Propane bottle).

I could also do with lots of bits and bobs.

If anyone know of such a publication, can you post and answer here.

If anyone has any second hand stuff, especially a Oxy torch, please email me at philongold@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.
Phil (philongold)

ps_bond
09-01-2015, 06:53 AM
http://benchpeg.com/

Even if a 2nd hand torch comes with an oxygen bottle, it won't do you any good when it needs refilling - they are invariably leased, not owned and if e.g. BOC (or Air Liquide) gets one back and you aren't the person they leased it to, tough.

philongold
09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Many Thanks for that - So what do I have to do to get an oxygen bottle?
Phil

http://benchpeg.com/

Even if a 2nd hand torch comes with an oxygen bottle, it won't do you any good when it needs refilling - they are invariably leased, not owned and if e.g. BOC (or Air Liquide) gets one back and you aren't the person they leased it to, tough.

ps_bond
09-01-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm afraid I only know what's involved in the UK - contract, rental of cylinder and refill charges.
Rental cost and safety around compressed O2 are the main reasons I went the oxygen concentrator route.

philongold
09-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Sorry to ask you more questions - But what is Oxygen Concentrate please? And where would I find one in use?

Phil

I'm afraid I only know what's involved in the UK - contract, rental of cylinder and refill charges.
Rental cost and safety around compressed O2 are the main reasons I went the oxygen concentrator route.

philongold
09-01-2015, 10:11 AM
p.s. I am coming to the UK for a few weeks in Feb and I hoped to pick up everything I need and bring it back with me. I do have a registered UK address!
Phil

ps_bond
09-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Sorry to ask you more questions - But what is Oxygen Concentrate please? And where would I find one in use?

Discussed extensively on here :)
Zeolite filter bed with a small compressor that filters the larger nitrogen molecules out from atmospheric air, delivers about 90% pure O2 at lowish pressures but high enough to drive a Little Torch (and others).
http://www.tuffnellglass.com/contents/en-uk/d103.html

Nick martin
09-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Phil.. If you read through my recent post on 'Smiths Little Torch' there's loads of info ( all you need ) as well as a photo setup sequence.

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gemsetterchris
09-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Many Thanks for that - So what do I have to do to get an oxygen bottle?
Phil

Must be a supply near you surely?
You normally buy the first bottle which obviously costs more, then swap it but pay for the re-fill.

philongold
09-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks Everyone for the help and info.

Have a great weekend.

Phil