PDA

View Full Version : New toy...

ps_bond
01-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Has anyone seen one of these before? Other than, perhaps, late last week on EBay...

Anyone know anything about it? I *think* it was destined for school use, I'm guessing it would do for light duty/experimental casting. Came with a couple of flasks, sealing rings, wax, tongs and some grain (not sure if it is brass or bronze yet).

The Bijou Dragon
01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
As it says Vacuum on it (or at least that's my bad eyesight sees) is it supposed to have a dome over it to pull the bubbles out of investment that people use for lost wax casting??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3m6Fwe31E

ps_bond
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Sorry - left that bit off - it's a manual vacuum casting table. If I had a bell jar small enough I could probably vacuum the investment, but AFAICT this one is just for pulling a vacuum during the cast itself. There's a clamp for it too, thankfully.

The Bijou Dragon
01-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Sorry - left that bit off - it's a manual vacuum casting table. If I had a bell jar small enough I could probably vacuum the investment, but AFAICT this one is just for pulling a vacuum during the cast itself. There's a clamp for it too, thankfully.

Ahhhhhh yeah, in a later video she is pouring the metal into the flask while having it on a little vacuum table a bit like that!!

Nice find though *turns green with envy* :D

geti-titanium
01-09-2009, 09:22 PM
it's a manual vacuum casting table.

Not fair - I didn't have chance to guess :'(

Mind you, if I had have done, I would have been seriously wrong with 'bondage paddle' #-o

Emerald
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
[Anyone know anything about it? I *think* it was destined for school use, I'm guessing it would do for light duty/experimental casting. Came with a couple of flasks, sealing rings, wax, tongs and some grain (not sure if it is brass or bronze yet).[/QUOTE]

mmmm so what do you do with the tongs boys

are they for picking up small things:confused:

ps_bond
01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
mmmm so what do you do with the tongs boys

are they for picking up small things:confused:

Handling hot flasks and keeping your fingers... :)

It was less a case of testing people, more to see if anyone had come across it before!

If I wanted to be really obscure... Actually, that gives me an idea :D

Emerald
01-09-2009, 10:37 PM

Mind you, if I had have done, I would have been seriously wrong with 'bondage paddle' #-o

it was more a question to do with these answers of course i know what tongs do dur have several pairs myself for varying weights of metal and casting :-p

geti-titanium
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm keeping out of this one! - who would have thought that such an innocent remark could cause such controversy :-"

Emerald
01-09-2009, 10:53 PM

lol that is not innocent [-X

Emerald
01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
It could of easily been a bondage paddle with some sort of pleasure vacuum built in. LOL

and neither is that[-X

havent worked out how to get them in one post yet lol

geti-titanium
01-09-2009, 10:57 PM
lol that is not innocent

'Couse it is - people bind them to long sticks to go paddling around in boats on the lake all the time - don't they?

I've got it wrong haven't I? #-o

Emerald
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
bondage ......paddle .....yeah right what ever floats your boat :confused:

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 06:24 AM
I'm keeping out of this one! - who would have thought that such an innocent remark could cause such controversy :-"

on here Geti, anything is possible lol

Solunar Silver Studio
02-09-2009, 06:40 AM
and neither is that[-X

havent worked out how to get them in one post yet lol

Hi Jo!
I really didn't want to break the thread about 'bondage paddles' as they all seem to be having so much fun with it!!:-D (...sorry boys - you can pick up where you left off in a minute!! ...but there's a damsel in distress here!!)

But to help you with multiple quotes Jo...if you click on the quotation mark symbol that is next to the 'quote' button in the message box on each of the posts you want to copy and then click the quote one as well on the final post they all magically appear in your message box!

....................Right - that's it....as you were boys!!:Y: