PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint pendant

flowerpecker
04-01-2015, 01:08 PM
A friend wanted a fingerprint pendant,not doing it before but i give it a go.
Any advice,help that you can give?
Thanks so much.

Gemsetterchris
04-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Have your friend stick inked finger to pendant & spray with fixative.
Then engrave the pattern...

enigma
04-01-2015, 03:34 PM
alternatively if your engraving skills aren't good enough I wonder if it would work to have her place her finger in clay then cast from that?
Just a thought :)

Goldsmith
04-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I you cannot engrave it yourself, then you could always make a pendant, get a fingerprint copy and send it to Alan Hadley at Geti; http://www.geti.cc/ and he could laser engrave it for you.

James

mizgeorge
04-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Or you could just go down the metal clay route?

caroleallen
04-01-2015, 04:44 PM
I suspect your friend would like it in metal clay. It's very easy. Just roll out the clay fairly thick and cut out the shape you'd like. Push the finger carefully into the clay, leave to dry and fire.

That's a very simple explanation and I'm sure there are lots of much better tutorials online.

flowerpecker
04-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Sounds cool Chris.But the clay silver she looking.

flowerpecker
04-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Yes Carol the clay one.

flowerpecker
04-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Yes clay silver George.

flowerpecker
04-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Sounds pretty easy Carol,is the pmc 3 i need to buy?

caroleallen
04-01-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm not really sure. I've only ever done fingerprint jewellery once, a long time ago.

medusa
05-01-2015, 01:59 PM
for what it's worth, I think the engraved fingerprints don't look that great. PMC ones are also more immediate as well but they need to be protected if it's just a case of pressing them into a ball of PMC.

I tend to use Geti for my orders. More lasting than PMC and more true to the original print than engraving.

flowerpecker
06-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm a total beginner in fingerprint Medusa.I done my research and i think i do have idea how to start doing it.
Question.
How to i get customer fingerprint if they are not be able to see me?
Which one is best to use the art clay silver or the pmc one?

medusa
06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
I use to use the PMC+ No experience of the art clay. The usual way people do it is either to send a lump of the clay in the post or to send a mould making kit which strikes me as a better solution. I get mine done by Geti, because I really dislike the PMC items and it's quicker. I think the PMC pendants look really naff and they wear away really fast. I'm also moving towards the opinion that a lot of maker/sellers are pretty dishonest about what customers will get especially in terms of young children's fingerprints.

I stopped doing fingerprint stuff a while ago now unless I'm specifically asked, because it was too time-consuming for me at the moment, and I point blank refuse to do fingerprints from anyone under 5.