PDA

View Full Version : My OMG I need to make something quick for christmas pendant...

Vos
27-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Hi people, just resurfaced after a blissful chrimbo. Hope you all had an amazing holiday/Christmas/yule/solstice.

Thought I'd just share the pendant I made my partner as a gift. It was only a couple of days to go and in panic I thought I'll just knock up a 'quick' pendant for their initial. Eight solder joints later I had this! (Quick initial my eye).

I used the offcuts from the gold she bought for her daughter's pendant to make the middle of the flower, so it has a real connection for her/them. I wouldn't have normally gone for an initial, so had to make it a bit more than just a 'V'. Think I pulled it off....

Right, I'm back off in search of my long lost liver

enigma
27-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Thats beautiful Vos! Im guessing she was delighted?

CJ57
27-12-2014, 11:47 PM
That's lovely Vos, you didn't say if it was a hit! Hope you find your liver soon :)

susieq
28-12-2014, 12:22 AM
Beautiful Vos.

If she didn't like it I'm sure you can easily change that "V" to an "S". :-"

Susie

Patstone
28-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Its lovely, lucky girl.

metalsmith
28-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi Vos, yeah, that is truly beautiful ... and with great forethought - you can borrow it too!

Wallace
28-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Clever, you are a natural, hope those new toys... Erm, I mean tools, help with continuing with such awesome creations.

Vos
28-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the kind words, and yes, it was a resounding hit. It has not been taken off yet (along with the mitten earrings).

I should have added that the pictures aren't that clear, but it is basically a satin finish (600 grit) with the 'V' polished and 'bright cut' notches. I was particulary happy with the way the three layers gave it a kind of structural depth, and with the fact that it's form also looks very much like a bird silhoutted against the sun.

And Wallace you're too kind, I have to say the vallorbe needle files have made a huge difference. Next to play with is my new collet block ;)

Cheers

Vos

Moon Willow
28-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Eye catching Vos an excellent piece of jewellery, which got me thinking,
Do jewellers work better under pressure with a narrow time frame?

Carlton

Nick martin
28-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Thats very nice Vos, and theres something particularly satisfying about making a piece for a loved one isnt there. More so when they love it!

Nick

Dennis
28-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Your work has a distinctive look, Vos and would look marvellous as a collection.

Since you are going on to the collet plate next, I have looked up this old thread for you, hoping to save you some wasteful experiments.

Unfortunately all the pictures were accidentally wiped on the forum, but if needed I could replace them from my computer. Regards, Dennis.

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3522&highlight=Collet+Plate

Aurarius
29-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Thumbs up from me too, Vos! It's a great design - delicate, uncluttered and well proportioned - and finely executed.