PDA

View Full Version : my works so far.

Binraker
01-09-2009, 07:04 PM
For simplicity I will just post the following link to my Flickr page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/binraker/sets/72157606298061633/

I must point out that I do this as a hobby and don't tend make things to sell so the quality of the finish is not as good as it probably could be also I am and engineer primarily and it has been said that it shows in my designs.

The Dragon
01-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I like what you've done so far. Clean lines, a nice unfussy look and with just a hint of humor (kitty earrings). If you ever do it seriously you coud do well.

:Y:

mizgeorge
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
There are some great original designs there!
I particularly like the kite and elephant pendants, and I LOVE the flower pin :)

The Bijou Dragon
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I love the corset pendant, I adore corsets ;)

Lovely work there! I have a Degree in Building and Civil Engineering, it does somewhat hamper my 'random' factor as everything has to be nice and even and correct... pretty much as I was taught.

If something is out a mm in my stuff it bugs me to bits even if other people can't see it :)

Too much technical drawing can be bad for flowing, non symmetrical works lol

Di Sandland
01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey, you're a real natural designer! Love the elephant and the corset but like it all.

Paula
01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
You have some fab pieces there that i love!

ps_bond
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
... I am and engineer primarily and it has been said that it shows in my designs.

Uh oh, another one :D

Some lovely stuff there - and you're clearly a lot more rigorous about photographing your work than I am.

caroleallen
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Really nice work. Well done.

geti-titanium
01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I am and engineer primarily and it has been said that it shows in my designs

Nowt wrong with being an engineer - somebody has to show everybody how to make proper jewellery! =D>

agent_44
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Some lovely work, also like your paintings!

bustagasket
02-09-2009, 06:03 AM
i am in awe

Solunar Silver Studio
02-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi Binraker:~:. And welcome to the forum. I seem to have missed you yesterday - I went out for a meal with OH and 'my boys' to congratulate them on their various exam results and left the forum for a few seconds!!...

I love your work and agree with Di and the Dragon about the corset....but aren't all corsets designed for 'tweaking'!!!??:-D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/binraker/3370535159/in/set-72157606298061633/...I hope you don't mind me posting this link to your flickr page to clarify what I have just said (they all think I'm a bit loopy on here anyway but in this case I can show them what I am referring to!!).....

I also have the enamelling book that was recommended and it is brilliant...but I haven't actually had the time to read it....and it is so much easier just to lob a question onto the forum and get an answer that you can interact with!!:Y::-D

Di Sandland
02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Barbara is right - women wear corsets with the intention of getting them tweaked a bit!

Now: back to the thread

Pandanimal
02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Wow, what a lot of beautiful work.
I would be so proud if I had produced so much loveliness.
I particularly like the vine pendant. Simple, flowing and organic.

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Lovely, no problem with finish I can see. Love the chandeliers, cheeky :D
Em

Binraker
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I think the fact that people think what I have done looks finished is probably a credit to the photography rather than the metal smithing, It reminds me of a comment made to be by and old carpenter "A master tradesman is not someone who never screws up but rather someone who knows how to hide a screw up."

I would say that a good camera makes photographing things 100x easier. I have been photographing bits of machines and the insides of electrical things for years with compact cameras but as soon as I got a DSLR and put it in manual mode I found I stopped needing to think so much. A good camera an a couple of halogen desk lamps (most of my stuff is photographed under a single 35W Ikea lamp) is all you need for good quality imagery. Actually a Tripod is useful too, the lack of using one is evident in the squintness of some of my shots.

The chandeliers are my favourite idea I think. if only I was good enough to make them in real gold and make them lighter. I would also put a little button battery in there as well somewhere. A little project for the future.

Fi Wilson
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Binraker,

Your designs are fab, especially the kitty earrings. I love those as they are so simple. You've definitely got your own fantastic design style which I think you could capitalise on quite easily. :Y:

Fi

Fiona
03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I love your reticulated studs....

Ominicci
04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Hello Binraker :~:

Some good stuff on your Flickr (have added you as a contact). I love the Heart Knot and the plain Silver Bar Studs (an 80's girl at heart!).

niceguyjoe
26-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Very cool stuff. Im envious! ;-)

P.S ... I'm an Engineer of sorts too!

Shaun750
27-07-2010, 10:48 AM
The chandelier earrings really jump out at you,maybe you could do a photo cell brooch.
You could put your stuff on Etsy,it's only 20 c to list an item,and you can track your views and hearts(like a thumbs up) which is a little bit of a buzz,even if no one buys anything!!!

If you really do rake through bins,do you ever find any gold. I used to have bin men and school caretakers come to me a few times a year with gold they had found.

cloud786
28-07-2010, 11:22 AM
wow, nice designs. Love the elephant!