PDA

View Full Version : Supplier of deep cabochons

LydiaNiz
06-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Hello! (*emerges blinking back onto forum*)
I am looking for some deep cut cabochons for a project. I know certain stones tend to be cut deeper than others, but I'm having difficulty finding reliably deep stones. Looking for uniformly coloured translucent stones ideally.
Anyone have any brain waves?
Lyd

mizgeorge
06-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Are you thinking of bullet cabs perhaps?

Dennis
06-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Are you thinking of bullet cabs perhaps?

If not then some garnets and some labradorites are often taller than usual. I would phone Wards for advice, if you haven't already done so, Lydia.

Patstone
08-12-2014, 12:53 PM
I also use Joopy Gems in Hong Kong, she will find what you are looking for. Her name is Julia, I have been very pleased with the stone I have bought from her. Another source is the Gem n Bead shows, at least you can see what you are buying.

LydiaNiz
08-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Hello,
Not bullets, no. I'll give the other suggestions a try - thank you. I really want to go to a gem show - never been able to get away for one!

emsterv
08-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I can second Joopy Gems. Reasonably priced and fast shipping (at least for me in Canada) and I've never been disappointed in the quality. I've heard her prices aren't that great, but I'd rather have a consistent product instead of cheaping out and ending up with something I'm not happy with.