PDA

View Full Version : Memories Worn to a Funeral

Kalorlo
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I wanted to try out my memory wire, and I have a funeral to attend later this week. So I made myself something to wear to it. I wanted a matching set that wasn't too big or flashy.

Hematite, obsidian chips, black 11/0 seed beads, necklace and bracelet memory wire.

Memory wire is odd stuff, isn't it? I found it handy not to have to worry about sorting out fastenings, and I was wearing the necklace yesterday to check for comfort - it feels absolutely fine. It takes some bending to make the end loops, but it's doable and provided you bend them round far enough, even the seed beads can't creep off the ends.

Di Sandland
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Very nice, Heather, and totally 'fit for purpose!'

bustagasket
01-09-2009, 01:29 PM
just the ticket hun well done

Kalorlo
01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks, you two! I think I might have to reuse the name later though... I have visions of something involving silver chain and a swirly black and silver lampwork focal. (Not that I have either right now :p)

The Bijou Dragon
01-09-2009, 01:52 PM
They're really nice although when I clicked on the thread I was expecting to see Victorian Mourning jewellery which I would love to make myself :D

Not always the nicest things to have to make jewellery for (or anything else for that matter) but you did wonderfully, simple, understated but at the same time really pretty!

I still want to have a go at some memory wire jewellery but for personal use!

kymbi
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Spot on jewellery for a funeral Heather :Y:

Memory wire can be useful, but don't use your best pliers on it - they will be wrecked!

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
nice, classy and simple.