PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Brizzle

Vos
03-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi!

Been lurking here a while absorbing all the wonderful information you folks put up. Guess I'd better step out the shadows and say Hi.

I am doing a part time course in silver jewellery but am augmenting that with lots of self teaching. I'm absolutely hooked. I used to work in fabrication/soldering (automotive) years ago and have always loved working with metal. Being off work with health issues I'm using the time to try and gain some sort of mastery over silversmithing. My dream would be to maybe even go on to study and possibly make a (meager) living at it. I'm at the point in life I'd rather earn a low income doing something I love than vast sums doing something I hate.

I have got to the point in my journey where my questions are getting more specific so hence the hello.

I am also having to teach myself to draw so as to enable me to get to grips with design, which is another big learning curve. (Apparently my tablet won't let me attach pictures, but I'll try to get some up sometime).

Anyway, that's me :D

LydiaNiz
03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
hello to you on t'other side of the bridge! Look forward to seeing what you get up to!

caroleallen
03-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Hi Vos and welcome. Brizzle is a lovely place to live. My daughter lives in Cotham.

Vos
03-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Finally managed to suss uploading via tapatalk app... Bearing in mind three weeks ago I couldn't draw, I'm quite chuffed how I'm doing.... Whether it'll ever get made is another matter!

CJ57
03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi Vos and welcome fron me too. I thought you were from South America and had a cute way of spelling it:)

Patstone
03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Hello from me in Exeter, not that far away.

Wallace
03-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi Vos,
beautiful artwork

quite local to you - hope you enjoy all you get up to. :)

mizgeorge
03-11-2014, 09:13 PM
And welcome from me too (also not far away!)

Vos
03-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Thank you for the kind words Wallace, and thank you all for the lovely welcome

Tabby66
03-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Welcome Vos,....Looking forwards to seeing what you do, those are lovely designs!!

Vos
03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks Tabby. I really do hope to one day make it, when I have the skills necessary. I like the idea of having the heart hidden in the acorn like a secret. The wearer can then, with a little twist, pull up the cage. Glad you like it :)

BarryM
04-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi Vos, I am also not too far away in South Somerset - there seems to be quite a few jewellery makers in the South West, must be something in the air down here.