PDA

View Full Version : trouble finding argentium wire

poppymoon
24-10-2014, 09:56 AM
any pointers to UK places that might have argentium (20ga) please? i finally find a silver i can wear in my own piercings and i can't seem to buy it any more. i've been out of the loop through ill health for ages and finally got some of my mojo back but can't find what i want *tantrum*.

thank you.

mizgeorge
24-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I posted about this only a day or two ago. These appear to now be the only UK suppliers: http://www.alliedgoldltd.com/3-argentium though Palmer Metals seem to sometimes have some wire (not at the moment though, I think).

poppymoon
24-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I posted about this only a day or two ago. These appear to now be the only UK suppliers: though Palmer Metals seem to sometimes have some wire (not at the moment though, I think).

i read that mizgeorge and had a look but it seems they only have sheet. i used to use palmer metals for it but again, they have none. gutted! i don't need much as i only use it for ear wires occasionally so i'm a bit hesitant to buy it from the states as the charges will be more than the silver. thanks though :)

SteveLAO
24-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Give Allied a call. I'm sure they'll be able to help you...

poppymoon
24-10-2014, 11:48 AM
thank you. i get the feeling i didn't read their website properly........*hangs head in shame*. sorry!

art925
24-10-2014, 01:39 PM
If you cant find it through your normal UK suppliers, I can get it here in NL, then post on to you what you need. 0.5mm-3.0mm wire. Or I can provide you details of my supplier then you can contact them yourself. You need an account number to purchase online. They do speak English. I have recently helped someone else to make contact with them.

PM me if I can help you further.
Les

mizgeorge
24-10-2014, 02:14 PM
They definitely have sheet and wire, and from memory they have casting grain as well. It's usually on their website, but I believe that's being updated at the moment so just give them a call or drop them an email.

poppymoon
24-10-2014, 04:07 PM
If you cant find it through your normal UK suppliers, I can get it here in NL, then post on to you what you need. 0.5mm-3.0mm wire. Or I can provide you details of my supplier then you can contact them yourself. You need an account number to purchase online. They do speak English. I have recently helped someone else to make contact with them.

PM me if I can help you further.
Les

thank you. much appreciated :)

poppymoon
24-10-2014, 04:08 PM
They definitely have sheet and wire, and from memory they have casting grain as well. It's usually on their website, but I believe that's being updated at the moment so just give them a call or drop them an email.

i'm (slightly) more awake now so will give them a call on monday. thank you.