PDA

View Full Version : How about

Emerald
31-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I saw this on the Frit Happens Forum........ nope i havent got ant ideas of my own, but they all seem to be enjoying themselves, but then again it is all glass and ours will be allsorts of mediums so here goes, show us your first and last pieces. So the first piece you ever made or kept and the last piece you just finished. Come on dont be shy, i am just off to rootle around for some of my college work:dance:

Emerald
31-08-2009, 03:32 PM
ok i will just post reply to myself then if no one else is going to play,

1. In the first picture you have my first attempts at jewellery making at the School of Jewellery in Birmingham infact the very very first thing i made was a blow torch i am sure there is another thread on here somewhere about those, and i still have the said torch but not sure where

2. The second pic isent actually the last things i made but the last things i made sitting at my lurrrvely bench 11 years ago to be precise and yes they are my wedding and egagement rings 18ct White and yellow gold diamond and teeny weeny tiny saphire, they havent been off my fingers in 11 years, and they are scratched to pieces, although there has been many a time when i could of smelted them down lol

3. and last but not least (see what happens when you dont play you just get a whole load of this) these are what i made today not brill but not bad either a bead and some charms from PMC, thats the lot honest unless..........:-D

Di Sandland
31-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi Jo

Love the engagement ring! You're first off stuff looks good too.

I think the reason for lack of response may be many layered BUT I've no doubt that one of those layers is folk who haven't been on a 'proper' course probably don't have the first things they made! They've no doubt been disassembled and used for something else. This is definitely true in my case.

MuranoSilver
31-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Sorry to take so long about it (had to find pictures) - here's a few of my first ever pieces the lilly design was done on my "learn to solder" course and the PMC and copper bangle was to see if I could marry the two up...

mizgeorge
31-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't have any record of my first pieces (made about a million years ago when I was young and thin.....).

I'll have a look for my first chain though, 25 years old and going strong!

Showing recent stuff, however, will involve me moving my fat bottom upstairs to the land of cameras and taking some pictures. I may be some time.......

Emerald
31-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Love the pendant Nic, you do make me laugh George, Di i am all for recylcling in fact a lot of my stuff i made BK recently got taken to the scrap merchants and turned into lovely clean wire and silver beads, come on you must be able to find something i only started the thread cos George said she was bored x

Solunar Silver Studio
31-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I've spent most of the afternoon looking for the truly terrible first attemps with pmc at college - and they really have to be seen to be believed - but I can't find them...so I might find the bits again and photograph them tomorrow for you...but I did find my first attemps at fusing jumprings in fine silver...so you can see my progress with that aspect of my work anyway.

The first photo was dated 18th March 2008 and the second was from a batch of chains I sent for hallmarking about a month ago...

I hope you can detect a little progress......:)

MuranoSilver
31-08-2009, 04:15 PM
oooh love your lastest chain barbara :)

Di Sandland
31-08-2009, 04:29 PM
progress, Barbara? No - don't see any change...

Course, I do. You have progressed at a remarkable rate, I hope your confidence has finally caught up?

Emerald
31-08-2009, 05:58 PM
fabulous chain Barbara :Y:

AlexandraBuckle
31-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Hmmmm, great idea for a thread. I've made loads of things over the years, but I guess you want the first jewellery (or worn pieces) I made though....

That would be my Samurai gloves i made out of tin can and knitted wire on my foundation course!
Or was it the large neck/arm/hand piece I made from washers, safety pins and paper fasteners....

May take me a while to source some pictures, so will get back to you with mine!

Emerald
31-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Can't wait to see those Alexandra:)

bustagasket
31-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I havent really been going long enough to produce a first and last as i only started college in april. The first piece i made at college was a key ring, and then i have the ongoing project of the bracelet - still lots to do on that tho.

EmmaRose
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
wow that was the first stuff you made? a natural!! love them (particularly that pin)
Em